OWEB Technical Assistance Grants
Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board (OWEB)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Oct 29, 2018 5:00pm PDT
Later deadlines: May 7, 2019 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Oregon
Location of residency: OregonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board (OWEB) is a state agency that provides grants to help Oregonians take care of local streams, rivers, wetlands and natural areas. OWEB grants are funded from the Oregon Lottery, federal dollars, and salmon license plate revenue. OWEB offers a variety of grant types and programs.
OWEB is a leader in the conservation of Oregon's natural resources and enjoys strong public support for its contributions to community-based conservation, watershed health, and local economies.
Our mission is to help protect and restore healthy watersheds and natural habitats that support thriving communities and strong economies.
Technical Assistance Grants
Technical assistance project types cannot be combined into a single application; a separate grant application must be submitted for each type of project. Please see full guidance and eligibility on OWEB's Online Application Guidance.
- Development of a technical design for a restoration project.
- Development of an implementation plan for restoration activities. TA #2 includes a limited offering for Watershed Council Action Plans. You can apply for this grant if your council previously received its own individual watershed council support grant from OWEB, and your council does not have council-adopted action plan.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- A regular grant applicant may be any person, tribe, watershed council, soil and water conservation district, not-for-profit institution, school, community college, state institution of higher education, independent not-for-profit institution of higher education, or political subdivision of this state that is not a state agency.
- A state agency or federal agency may apply for funding under this section only as a co-applicant with one of the other eligible entities.
- Any of these applicants or co-applicants may also serve as a fiscal agent for grants.
- Ineligible Projects
- General training for staff or volunteers
- Website development
- General monitoring
- Farm, ranch, and/or forest plans
- Fish screens (designs are allowable)
- Landscape design
- Support for permit processing alone
- Support for site inspections alone
- OWEB watershed assessments
- Equipment or software for general use
- Projects required as a condition of a local, state, or federal permit, order, or enforcement action (e.g. mitigation projects, management projects required by permit from Oregon Department of Agriculture).
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the OWEB Technical Assistance Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.