PA Boating Infrastructure Grant Program
Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission
Grant amount: More than US $100,000
Deadline: Aug 15, 2018
Applicant type: Government Entity
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Pennsylvania
Location of residency: PennsylvaniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Boating Infrastructure Grant Program provides grants for transient moorage (tie-ups) serving recreational motorboats 26 feet and longer. Transient means passing through or by a place, staying 10 days or less. The program is administered in Pennsylvania by the PA Fish and Boat Commission, in cooperation with U.S. Department of Interior's U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
The grants are awarded under the Boating Infrastructure Grant (BIG) program authorized by the Sportfishing and Boating Partnership Act of 1998 and funded by excise taxes on motorboat fuel. The Act authorizes a competitive grant program for states to develop and maintain facilities for transient non-trailerable boats.
In Pennsylvania, the program's goal is to provide funds to develop and maintain transient moorage (tie-ups) serving recreational boats 26 feet and larger.
There are two "tiers" of grant support.
- Tier 1 provides funding for small-scale projects.
- Up to $100,000 is available annually to each state.
- Tier 2 is for projects that request more than $100,000.
- Tier 2 projects compete nationally in a process managed by the US Fish and Wildlife Service.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants may be made to public and private operators of open-to-the-public boating facilities:
- municipal agencies (cities, towns, counties, etc.),
- state agencies (State Parks, DNR, Fish & Wildlife, etc.), and
- other government entities.
- Eligible project activities include the construction, renovation and maintenance of transient tie up facilities.
- Boating infrastructure refers to features that provide stopover places for transient non-trailerable recreational vessels to tie up.
- These features include:
- transient slips,
- day docks,
- floating docks and fixed piers,
- navigational aids, and
- dockside utilities including electric, water, and pumpout stations.
- Project sponsors must provide at least 25 percent of the resources needed to complete the project.
- You can charge for the use of the facility,
- however the commission encourages the free use of facilities constructed under this program.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the PA Boating Infrastructure Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.