Pabst Steinmetz Foundation Grant
Pabst Steinmetz FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: The deadline for this grant has passed
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Wellness & Healthy Living Art & Culture
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Florida
Location of residency: United States
About this funder:
Pabst Steinmetz Foundation
Welcome to the Pabst Steinmetz Foundation. Established in 2018, the Foundation is the merger of philanthropic work of husband and wife Chuck Steinmetz and Margery Pabst Steinmetz.
A Note from Chuck and Margie:
When we established The Pabst Steinmetz Foundation, the most obvious benefit was more resources for the mission; however our complementary approaches to giving back, to investing in our community emerged as key to our current and future success. Chuck, a scientist, is by nature a builder, a pragmatist who identifies the practical application with questions like, “What is the community need?” or “What do we want to achieve?”
As a counterpoint, Margie is more likely to view a proposal or idea through the filter of feelings and passions associated with the idea and the potential outcome being proposed, connecting it with other collaborators or institutions working with similar issues. She is often heard saying, “So who needs to be a part of this idea to improve our community?”
Our thinking merges at the intersection of inspiring and building sustainable models, models that can stand the test of time, albeit with modifications over time. Neither one of us derives any energy from “recreating wheels” so we would rather continue to support ideas that build rich and continued innovation.
The synergies of having both practicality and passion are, we believe, the key to realizing greater impact in our community. Through the worlds of arts and education, and beginning with listening to community issues and needs, then identifying practical outcomes, our mission is to support ideas that are “sticky”, becoming sustainable models replicated in ripple effect fashion.
Thank you for your interest in the Pabst Steinmetz Foundation grant process. Please weigh these guiding questions as you consider your application for this award.
Guiding Questions: Does this Initiative…
- Address an issue at a critical/“teachable” moment, moving institutional and community progress from a plateau to a higher level of scale, quality and productivity?
- Demonstrate an innovative approach to the issue?
- Possess a potential “ripple effect” affecting more people in more places? Can it be replicated and brought to scale through education and training? Can matching grants be found to enhance scale and shorten time horizon?
- Have the potential to serve as a catalyst for change and impact on community?
- Encourage collaboration when required?
- Impact local and regional communities, primarily in Florida?
- Possess the potential for sustainability?
- Develop a connection between arts and wellness?
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”