Environmental Enhancement Program
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Alpine County, Amador County, Butte County, Calaveras County, El Dorado County, Fresno County, Kern County, Lake County, Lassen County, Madera County, Mariposa County, Mendocino County, Merced County, Nevada County, Placer County, Plumas County, San Luis Obispo County, Shasta County, Tehama County, Tulare County, Tuolumne County, Yuba County Expand all
Location of residency: CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Pacific Forest and Watershed Lands Stewardship Council is working with qualified organizations to implement environmental enhancement projects across 140,000 acres of Watershed Lands located primarily within the Sierra Nevada and Cascade ranges.
The following types of enhancement projects will be funded by the Stewardship Council:
- Protection projects that include both non-physical activities such as background studies, resource surveys, and management plans, as well as physical activities such as installing fencing, berms, boulders, vehicle barriers, signage, etc.
- Restoration projects that include physical activities, such as meadow restoration, riparian habitat restoration, revegetation, fuels treatments, etc.
- Improvement projects that include physical activities such as the development of additional trails, day use areas, parking areas, onsite structure improvements, noxious weed treatments, etc.
Program and Project Considerations
The selection, funding, and implementation of environmental enhancement projects on the watershed lands will be based on the following considerations:
- Contribution to preservation or enhancement of one or more of the six BPV
- Stakeholder support
- Feasibility of timely implementation of the proposed project
- Capacity of project sponsor to implement proposal
- Geographical distribution of enhancement funding across the watershed lands
- Contributes to or catalyzes other activities
- Leveraging of funding from other sources
- Benefits which extend beyond the subject Watershed Lands
- Provides significant and meaningful conservation and stewardship opportunities for youth
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations eligible to apply for and receive grant funding from the Stewardship Council for enhancement projects must meet the following criteria:
- A federal and California tax-exempt organization under sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(l) or (2) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- a public agency as defined in Section 170(c)(1) or Section 511(a)(2)(B) of the Internal Revenue Code; or
- a federally or state recognized tribe.
- In existence for at least one fiscal year prior to the date of the application.
- An annual operating budget that exceeded $100,000 in the prior fiscal year.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Environmental Enhancement Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.