Packard Foundation Fund for Pueblo Grantmaking
Caring for Colorado
Grant amount: US $20,000 - US $50,000
Next deadline: Aug 15, 2018 4:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Sep 10, 2018 4:00pm PDT (Full proposal), Dec 15, 2018 4:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry), Jan 22, 2019 4:00pm PST (Full proposal), Apr 16, 2019 4:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry), May 7, 2019 4:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity Public Elementary / Secondary School Public College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Pueblo County, Colorado
Location of residency: Preferred: Pueblo County, Colorado Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: Organizations that do not have a current active grant with the Packard Foundation Fund for Pueblo must submit a letter of interest (LOI) by the deadlines identified above.
Pueblo, Colorado is the birthplace of David Packard and where he spent a significant portion of his childhood. The David and Lucile Packard Foundation has a 40-year history of broad-based community support in Pueblo. The goal of the work is for Pueblo to be a strong and vibrant place where residents can access the resources and opportunities they need to stay well, thrive, explore and grow.
Through an innovative approach, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation has partnered with the Caring for Colorado Foundation to strengthen its grantmaking efforts in Pueblo. Additionally, the Foundation has established a donor-advised fund with the Denver Foundation, the Packard Foundation Fund for Pueblo through which grant awards will be made.
The Packard Foundation Fund for Pueblo will support a wide range of agencies, projects and programs that enhance the lives of Pueblo’s children, and families and the community as a whole. While there is no limit to the number of issues that are considered within the context of community, the work always complements or supports the issues its founders cared most about – the environment, children and family support, and access to reproductive health.
The David and Lucile Packard Foundation’s longstanding commitment to the Pueblo community has contributed to the community in a variety of ways including support for open space development, economic development, senior services, housing, teen and unintended pregnancy prevention, arts, culture, child care and youth development.
The average grant size in Pueblo is $25,000 over a two-year term. Our funding in Pueblo County casts a wide net for support of projects and programs that serve the community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The foundation will consider grant awards to organizations whose services benefit Colorado and are:
- Charitable nonprofit organizations with tax-exempt classification from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Tax-supported institutions such as state or local governments and schools.
- New or emerging organizations are permitted to apply through a tax-exempt organization acting as the fiscal agent.
- Operational and program support are prioritized over capital but we strive to remain responsive to community needs.
- Preference is given to grantees who are located in and directly serving the Pueblo community.
- Preference is also given to organizations that build effective partnerships and collaborations in the community to accomplish the work.
- Caring for Colorado does not fund:
- For-profit entities
- Annual appeals or membership drives
- Fundraising events
- Financial support for political candidates
- Lobbying efforts
- Screening programs without a follow-up component
- Patient assistance funds that cover individual medical, dental or pharmaceutical costs
- Legal services
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Packard Foundation Fund for Pueblo Grantmaking by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.