Palaeontological Association Research Grants
Palaeontological AssociationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £10,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2021
Applicant type: Research Scientist Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Unaffiliated Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must have a completed PhDView website Save
Awards are made to assist palaeontological research up to a maximum value of £10,000 GBP per award. Normally, grants should support a single research project, or a ‘proof of concept’ proposal with an aim of supporting future applications to national research funding bodies. Field-based projects are also eligible, but the scientific objectives and outcomes of the research must be made clear.
Proposals will be ranked on the following criteria:
- Scientific quality of research, novelty and timeliness, likely outputs
- Feasibility, value for money and cost effectiveness
- Value for money and cost effectiveness
- The scientific track record of the investigator
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The award is open to both amateur and professional palaeontologists, but applicants will normally have a PhD as a minimum qualification and must be members of the Association.
- Applications for investigator’s salary costs will only be considered in exceptional circumstances and if awarded all legal and financial liability will lie with the applicant.
- The Association will fund the directly incurred costs of research on awards.
- Proposals must fit with the charitable aims of the Association.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Preference is given to applications for a single purpose (rather than top-ups of other grant applications).
- Preference will normally be given to candidates who have not previously won an award.
- Applicants are advised that the Association does not offer funding for the following costs, and hence none of these items may be included in any budget proposal submitted to the Association:
- Core funding or overheads for institutions.
- We expect the general running costs (e.g. indirect costs, estate costs, support services, directly allocated staff costs) to be provided by the host research institute.
- We will therefore not fund on a proportion of full economic costs (fEC) basis. Attention is drawn to paragraphs 3.31 to 3.37 of the Science and Innovation Investment Framework 2004-2014, HM Treasury (July 2004), which explains arrangements for the provision of overheads linked to charity funding to academic institutions.
- Individual items of equipment over £1000 GBP, sites, buildings or other capital expenditure
- Support for the attendance at, or organisation of, conferences, workshops or exhibitions.
- A shortfall resulting from a withdrawal of or deficiency in public finance.
- Student tuition fees and summer research bursaries.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Palaeontological Association Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.