Paleontological Society: Outreach and Education Grant
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500
Deadline: Mar 2, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student Faculty Working Professional Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Paleontological Society Outreach and Education Grant provides support to our members for programs and activities involving educational out reach and community engagement. Potential fundable projects include, but are not limited to, field trips to fossil sites and/or museums for teachers and pre-college students, educator training and curriculum development, participation in local community initiatives, development of educational materials for classroom use, and website or other online material development.
The subject matter covered by outreach proposals may fall within any sub-discipline of paleontology/paleobiology. Grant awards can be made directly to individuals or to institutions.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Prior recipients of a PS Outreach and Education Grant must wait one year before being eligible to submit another application.
- (e.g., a 2016 grant recipient must wait until 2018 to submit another proposal)
- Prior recipients must also submit their required final report on the funded project before being eligible to apply for a second award.
- Applicants must be Paleontological Society members
- Graduate student applicants should provide documentation of a professional member’s willingness to serve as advisor for the project.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants must be members of the Paleontological Society at the time of application.
- Particularly encouraged are projects that:
- Include opportunities for undergraduate students to become involved in paleontological outreach to younger students or the public
- Create new educational “apps” or other technologies
- Produce educational materials that could be distributed more widely through the PS website
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Paleontological Society: Outreach and Education Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.