Paleontological Society International Research Program ( PalSIRP) - Sepkoski Grants
Grant amount: US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 1, 2019
Applicant type: Unaffiliated Researcher Graduate Student Faculty Working Professional Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Caribbean, Central America, Eastern Europe, South America, Albania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Mongolia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Paleontological Society is pleased to announce continuation and expansion of its small grants program for paleontologists living in Eastern Europe and republics of the former Soviet Union to now include countries of Central and South America and island nations of the Caribbean (excluding possessions’ and territories’ of the USA and western Europe).
PalSIRP Sepkoski Grants are named in honor of Dr. J. John Sepkoski, Jr., founder of the program. Dr. Sepkoski died at age 50 in 1999.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Consideration will be given to paleontologists at levels ranging from graduate students to professionals and active retirees.
- Paleontologists living in the following countries are currently eligible for PalSIRP Sepkoski Grants:
- All republics of the former Soviet Union, including the Baltic States, Mongolia, and nations in Eastern Europe (other than East Germany), including Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, and the countries of the former Yugoslavia, countries of Central America, countries of South America, and island nations of the Caribbean (excluding possessions’ and territories’ of the USA and western European countries).The subject matter covered by grant proposals may be in any field under the discipline of paleontology/paleobiology.
- Appropriate uses of Sepkoski Grant funds include (but are not limited to) salary support, domestic and foreign travel, and equipment purchase.
- Requests for field expenses, publication costs, attendance at scientific meetings, and aspects related to any of these areas is acceptable.
- There is no limit to the number of times a paleontologist may apply for a PalSIRP Sepkoski Grant but only one application, per year, will be considered.
- Countries in possessions’ and territories’ of the USA and western European countries are not eligible for this grant.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Paleontological Society International Research Program ( PalSIRP) - Sepkoski Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.