Paleontological Society: Student Research Grant
Paleontological SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $800
Anticipated deadline: Feb 10, 2021 11:59pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
About this funder:
The Paleontological Society is an international nonprofit organization devoted exclusively to the advancement of the science of paleontology: invertebrate and vertebrate paleontology, micropaleontology, and paleobotany. The Society was founded in 1908 in Baltimore, Maryland, and was incorporated in April 1968 in the District of Columbia. The Society has several membership categories, including regular, student, and retired. Members, representing 40 countries, consist of professional paleontologists, academicians, science editors, earth-science teachers, museum specialists, and undergraduate and graduate students and post doctoral scholars, as well as avocational paleontologists.
The Paleontological Society invites applications from student members for a limited number of $800 grants to support research in any field or aspect of paleontology. All applications are considered for the Named Awards, and the top three proposals receive Mid-American Paleontology Society (MAPS) Outstanding Research Awards.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Undergraduate and graduate student members of the Paleontological Society conducting research on any aspect of paleontology.
- The program is not limited to U.S. students.
- The applicant is responsible for following university or federal guidelines and laws concerning the use of radioisotopes, radiation, human subjects, vertebrate animals, etc.
- The applicant must ensure that the proposed project is logistically feasible (e.g., verify outcrop access) before submitting the proposal.
- The applicant is also responsible for obtaining any permits that may be necessary for field collecting.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. The applicant must be a member of the Paleontological Society at the time of submission of the grant application.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Paleontological Society: Student Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.