Palaeontology Association: Small Grants Scheme
Palaeontological AssociationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £1,500
Deadline: Nov 1, 2019
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Association offers multiple awards each year, in honour of four donors, to fund palaeontological research, travel and fieldwork; these are integrated together under the Small Grants Scheme.
Four awards are offered under the Small Grants Scheme:
- Sylvester-Bradley Awards: Multiple awards up to £1500 GBP each, for palaeontological research.
- Callomon Award: An award up to £1500 GBP for a project which is normally field-based.
- Whittington Award: An award up to £1500 GBP for a project which is normally based on museum collections.
- Stan Wood Award: An award of up to £1500 GBP for projects in vertebrate palaeontology, and ideally involving fieldwork and fossil collecting.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The total project should be achievable within the sum requested, and if applications to other bodies for funding the same project are successful, then payments will not be granted, or will be withheld.
- If an application is made for funding that relates to a Ph.D. or a Master's degree, then a case should be made as to why funding is required above that available for the normal degree programme.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Preference is given to:
- Early career researchers
- Members of the Association who are retired
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Palaeontology Association: Small Grants Scheme by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.