Sabin Snow Leopard Grants Program
PantheraSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Deadline: Mar 15, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Organizations Individuals
Funding uses: Project / Program, Research
Location of project: Afghanistan, Bhutan, China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan Show all
Location of residency: Preferred: Afghanistan, Bhutan, China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan Other eligible locations: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Sabin Snow Leopard Grant Program
The Sabin Snow Leopard Grants Program supports in situ conservation efforts on the snow leopard in Asia. Emphasis is given to initiatives mitigating threats to snow leopards, implementing population surveys and uncovering new ecological data on the species. Launched in early 2015, this program is a partnership between the Andrew Sabin Family Foundation and Panthera.
Species & Location
The Sabin Snow Leopard Grants Program supports applications for in situ conservation efforts on the snow leopard in Asia. Emphasis will be given to requests for field conservation and research activities, including:
- Applying interventions that directly and immediately mitigate threats to snow leopards including activities which measurably reduce the persecution of snow leopards by pastoralists and poachers, the illegal trade in snow leopards, and so on.
- Monitoring and Research. We are very interested in survey efforts in areas of the snow leopard’s range for which there is limited or poor data, including developing baseline information on snow leopard populations; identifying and delineating important connections between known snow leopard populations; and undertaking basic research on snow leopard ecology where gaps exist.
Awards of up to $20,000 per project will be made for one year, but may be extended to subsequent years, contingent upon performance and results.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications may be made by individuals, or institutions.
- In the latter case, the project leader must be identified and make the submission.
- Panthera will consider local salaries, per diems, and stipends for local field personnel only
- Graduate students are eligible to apply for field and project costs
- Application is open to all qualified candidates but projects led by country nationals and/or in country NGOs will be given priority
- We will not fund salaries for core administrative and management personnel.
- Tuition, bursaries, university living costs, etc. will not be considered by the Sabin Snow Leopard Grants Program.
- Panthera does not support conferences, travel to scientific meetings, legal actions, overhead costs, academic exchanges, or captive breeding
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sabin Snow Leopard Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.