Winston Cobb Memorial Fellowship
Grant amount: US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Research Scientist Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Age restriction: Between 18 and 35 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Winston Cobb Memorial Fellowship was established by Ramune Cobb under the auspices of Panthera. The Fellowship honors the memory of a dearly loved domestic cat, Winston Cobb, to bring attention to the plight of his imperiled wild relatives around the world and to further conservation efforts on their behalf by fostering the professional growth of early career cat conservationists.
The award of $10,000 is be used to cover all costs of travel and support for fieldwork on an established wild cat conservation project selected by Panthera. This can include travel related to the project, a living stipend, project running costs and equipment specific to the internship. Depending on the site and its relative costs, the internship will cover 3-6 months of field training.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Fellowship is made to an exceptional early career conservationist to undertake a field-based internship to get the training and experience in field skills necessary for the conservation of wild cats.
- Eligibility is limited to candidates who are 18-35 years old as of the application deadline.
- Graduate and post-graduate students are eligible but the training period is not intended to contribute to thesis requirements or student research projects.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous travel, field or outdoor experience; this need not be specific to wild cat conservation.
- The award is not intended for university tuition or support.
- The Fellowship does not support training for ex situ activities including captive breeding, gene banking, assisted reproduction and reintroduction from captivity.
- Panthera does not support conferences, travel to scientific meetings, legal actions, overhead costs, academic
exchanges, or captive breeding.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Winston Cobb Memorial Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.