2020 COVID-19 Recovery, Preparedness, and Transformation Grant
Paso del Norte Health FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: The deadline for this grant has passed
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Health Policy & Advocacy Mental Health & Psychiatric Diseases Children’s Health & Pediatrics Wellness & Healthy Living Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Mexico, Counties in New Mexico: Doña Ana County, Luna County, Otero County, Counties in Texas: El Paso County, Hudspeth County Show all
Location of residency: Mexico, United States
About this funder:
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation seeks Letters of Intent (LOIs) from eligible organizations for their recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, to prepare for a potential second wave or future crisis, or to transform their operations for future success.
As a short-term response to COVID-19, the Paso del Norte Health Foundation has:
- Set-up information websites with community resources in English and Spanish.
- Participated on community committees and task forces related to the immediate response.
- Produced mass and social media health messages in partnership with the City of El Paso.
- Granted funding to procure personal protection equipment.
- Allowed current grant flexibility to address immediate needs.
- Partnered with the Paso del Norte Community Foundation on grantmaking efforts to support COVID-19-related response including the provision of cleaning supplies for homeless shelters.
As the Paso del Norte region begins to emerge from the devastating immediate impacts of COVID-19, the Health Foundation seeks to support non-profit organizations in their organizational recovery, preparedness, and transformation through grant funding and technical assistance.
Paso del Norte non-profit organizations might consider recovery, preparedness, and transformation in light of Hedrick Consulting’s COVID-19 and the Future of Work: Four Scenarios.
Starting with Letters of Intent (LOIs)
The Paso del Norte Health Foundation asks qualified organizations to complete an LOI to begin the process. LOIs will be reviewed and selected applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal. Applicants are encouraged to participate in an RFP workshop specific to Recovery, Preparedness and Transformation, and to contact Michael Kelly, Vice President of Programs for the Health Foundation, before submission.
What We Will Fund
For details on what is eligible to be funded, login to the online grants system by clicking the red Apply Online button found on this page. For a complete list of activities not funded by the Health Foundation, visit the “Grant Center” on the Health Foundation website.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Non-profit agencies 501(c)(3), 509(a)(1), 509(a)(3), international organizations designated by executive order, or exempt operating foundations; organizations formed outside the United States, Private Non-Operating Foundations, Veterans Groups under 501(c)(19), Fraternal orders under 501(c)(10), Trade Associations under 501(c)(6), Labor Unions under Section 501(c)(5), and Social Welfare Organizations under Section 501(c)(4) within the Paso del Norte region are eligible to apply.
- Service region:
- The Paso del Norte Health Foundation operates in a unique binational environment, which stretches across two countries and three states. This region serves the 2.4 million people living in El Paso and Hudspeth Counties in far west Texas, Doña Ana, Luna, and Otero Counties in southern New Mexico, and the municipality of Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico.
- The Health Foundation seeks to improve health in five priority areas: Healthy Eating & Active Living; Tobacco & Alcohol Prevention; Mental Health & Emotional Well-Being; Healthy Kids; and Health Leadership.