PATA Foundation Grants
Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Asia, Oceania
Location of residency: Asia, OceaniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The PATA Foundation was set up to pursue new sources of funding and to develop working relationships with stakeholders and grantees.
The PATA Foundation’s Objectives
- To contribute to the conservation of the environment and cultural heritage of Asia Pacific, and to encourage travel and tourism industry stakeholders to reinvest in Asia Pacific destinations
- To help people in Asia Pacific countries acquire the tools they need to become better stewards of their environment and cultural heritage, and to foster economic solutions to conservation problems
- To give PATA and the travel and tourism industry a stronger voice in the international debate on environmental and cultural heritage conservation
- To support educational initiatives that target travel and tourism stakeholders, including residents of destination communities, visitors and industry employees, to make all parties aware of their impact on cultural heritage and the environment.
What Kind of Projects Receive Foundation Grants?
Projects that are considered deserving of a PATA Foundation grant are those that seek to protect, conserve and/or educate. They usually have one or more of the following objectives:
- Protect the natural environment, including wildlife
- Conserve cultural heritage, including arts and crafts, heritage sites and historic buildings
- Educate people on the importance of environmental and cultural heritage.
Any project seeking the Foundation’s help must also have:
- A potential positive impact on tourism
- Contribute to the betterment of lives and provide job creation in tourism for local communities.
- The support of their respective local PATA chapter
- Financial support from the local PATA chapter or other sources.
Examples of the range of activities/programmes eligible for our supports include the following:
- Environmental conservation including projects which preserve and protect biodiversity of marine and terrestrial landscapes and native wildlife.
- Conservation initiatives which might include preservation of local indigenous culture, arts, crafts, dance, and language.
- Restoration, conservation, or maintenance of a historic building, object, site or landscape, or management of tourism at a heritage site.
- Development of community based conservation programmes.
- Support for tourism education of staff, visitors and resident communities and for international tourism education programmes that help develop human resources, increase awareness and knowledge of environmental and cultural traditions.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- As a charitable organisation, PATA Foundation provides grants to other nonprofit organisations and not directly to government agencies or commercial enterprises.
- We are open however to other funding bodies if the outcomes of the project can be clearly explained and aligned with the PATA Foundation mission.
- Project must align to the PATA Foundation Mission and four main focus areas:
- Cultural Heritage;
- Sustainable Tourism; and
- Environmental Conservation.
- The PATA Foundation does not make grants for planning, organisation, management, or conduct of conferences, workshops or seminars.
- PATA Foundation Charter does not permit us to support projects in the field of marketing, administration or other activities that have primarily a commercial purpose.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the PATA Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.