Patagonia Grants: Corporate Grants
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $20,000
Next anticipated deadline: Apr 30, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: Aug 31, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Patagonia funds only environmental work. We are most interested in making grants to organizations that identify and work on the root causes of problems and that approach issues with a commitment to long-term change. Because we believe that the most direct path to real change is through building grassroots momentum, our funding focuses on organizations that create a strong base of citizen support.
We support small grassroots activist organizations with provocative direct-action agendas, working on multipronged campaigns to preserve and protect our environment. We think the individual battles to protect a specific stand of forest, stretch of river or indigenous wild species are the most effective in raising more complicated issues—particularly those of biodiversity and ecosystem protection—in the public mind. We help local groups working to protect local habitats and frontline communities through bold, original actions. We look for innovative groups that produce measurable results, and we like to support efforts that force the government to abide by its own—our own—laws.
Because we're a privately held company, we have the freedom to fund groups off the beaten track, and that's where we believe our small grants are most effective.
Through our corporate grants program, we fund environmental work that takes place within the United States and is either national in scope or not located near one of our U.S. retail stores. It is a broad program that essentially encompasses all projects that do not fall within one of our International, Retail, Media or World Trout grants programs.
As with all Patagonia grants programs, our Corporate Grants Program supports small grassroots activist organizations with provocative direct-action agendas, working strategically on multipronged campaigns to preserve and protect our environment. We help local groups that work to protect local habitats and frontline communities through bold, original actions.
We are most interested in making corporate grants to organizations that identify and work on the root causes of problems and approach issues with a commitment to long-term change. We look for innovative groups with proposed projects that are quantifiable, with specific goals, objectives and action plans, and that include measures for evaluating success.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We fund work that:
- is action-oriented
- is quantifiable
- builds public involvement and support
- is strategic in its targeting and goals
- focuses on root causes
- accomplishes specific goals and objectives that can be effectively measured to evaluate success
- takes place within the following countries: United States,
- We are most interested in making grants to organizations that identify and work on the root causes of problems and that approach issues with a commitment to long-term change.
- We do not fund:
- organizations without 501(c)(3) status or a comparable fiscal sponsor
- trail creation, maintenance, or restoration
- any dam renovations, human-assisted fish passage infrastructure or hatchery programs
- land acquisition, land trusts, or conservation easements
- research, unless it is in direct support of a developed plan for specific action to alleviate an environmental problem
- environmental conferences
- endowment funds
- political campaigns
- green building projects
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Patagonia Grants: Corporate Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.