Patagonia Grants: International Grants (Europe Program)
Grant amount: Up to US $12,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jan 31, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: Jun 30, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom Expand all
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Through our international grants programs, we fund environmental work that takes place within the following countries for the Europe Program: United Kingdom, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Austria and the Czech Republic .
As with all Patagonia grants programs, our International Grants Programs support small, grassroots, activist organizations with provocative direct-action agendas, working strategically on multi-pronged campaigns to preserve and protect our environment. We are most interested in making international grants to organizations that identify and work on the root causes of problems and approach issues with a commitment to long-term change.
Because we're a privately held company, we have the freedom to fund groups off the beaten track, and that's where we believe our small grants are most effective.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To qualify for Patagonia international grant funding:
- Your organization must be operated for the public good
- Your organization must have charitable status in the country in which your organization is located, or have a fiscal sponsor with such status. Please note that Patagonia does not require international organizations to have U.S. 501(c)(3) status or a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) status.
- Your organization, or your fiscal sponsor, must have a bank account for business purposes in the name of your organization
- Patagonia is unable to fund lobbying through our international grants program.
- Patagonia grant funds cannot not be used to carry on propaganda or to attempt to influence specific legislation, either by direct or grassroots lobbying.
- Patagonia grant funds cannot be used to participate or intervene in any campaign (including the publishing or distribution of statements) on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office; or to fund any specific voter registration drive conducted in a manner that favors a particular candidate or slate of candidates.
- You can use funds to educate the public on issues.
- You can do general voter registration work that is not favoring one candidate over the other.
- Patagonia is unable to fund US-based activities through our international grants program.
- All proposed activities must be conducted outside of the United States.
- Patagonia grant funds cannot be used to travel to a U.S. conference or to conduct programmatic activity that takes place in the United States.
- US-based organizations that do work internationally are eligible for our international grants programs, but all programs and activities must take place outside the United States.
- Patagonia is unable to fund capital expenses through our international grants program.
- Patagonia grant funds cannot be used to purchase buildings, land, vehicles, or boats.
- Improvements such as repairs, remodels, renovations, etc. are also unallowable.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Patagonia Grants: International Grants (Europe Program) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.