Patterson Foundation Grant Program
Patterson FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $60,000
Next deadline: Aug 2, 2019 9:59pm PDT (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Oct 11, 2019 9:59pm PDT (Full proposal), Jan 12, 2020 9:59pm PST (Full proposal), Apr 12, 2020 9:59pm PDT (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: The first step in our application process is to complete the letter of inquiry form. Our staff will review your letter of inquiry. If your program appears to further the goals of Patterson Foundation as stated in our guidelines, you will be asked to complete our online application by the "full proposal" deadline above.
The Patterson Foundation’s resources are focused in the areas of:
- Oral Health
- Animal Health
The Patterson Foundation supports programs that expand access to restorative and emergency dental care for individuals in need. Priority is given to organizations that are staffed primarily by volunteer dental professionals and/or students. In this focus area, the Foundation supports the following types of requests.
- Funding for state Mission of Mercy (MOM) events that provide free dental care to underserved people across the U.S.
- Individual grants for MOM events range up to $5,000, depending on several factors in the application including the number of patients to be served and results from prior events.
- Start-up costs or one-time projects that expand an organization’s capacity to serve individuals in need.
- For example, funding may be used for construction or renovation costs to expand clinic capacity.
- Per our funding guidelines, grants cannot be used to purchase dental supplies or equipment or for the costs of patient care.
- In general, individual grant amounts vary up to $35,000, depending on the project goals and scope.
- Operational funding to support volunteer dental professionals and/or students working with the program.
- In general, individual grant amounts vary up to $10,000, depending on the project details.
- Grants for salary expenses to employ a dental hygienist or assistant to work directly with volunteer dentists are limited up to $5,000 per organization.
- Strategic grants for programs that impact underserved populations on a large scale.
- Programs may be national, regional or serve an expanded metro area.
- In general, individual grant amounts vary up to $60,000, depending on the scale and impact of the program.
In this focus area, the Foundation supports the following types of requests:
- Funding for organizations that provide assistance dogs to veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- The Foundation awards grants for start-up costs or one-time expenses to help a program expand capacity for years into the future.
- In general, support is limited to organizations that are members or candidates of Assistance Dogs International (ADI) or the International Guide Dog Federation (IGDF).
- Grant amounts generally vary up to $35,000, depending on the project details.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Within the focus areas, the Foundation provides grants to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations classified as public charities under Section 509(a)(1) or (2) by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- Grants are made to support communities in the Patterson Companies service area.
- Programs that relate directly to the Patterson Foundation's primary interests are most likely to receive funding.
- In general, the Foundation will not consider requests for:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Patterson Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.