Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowship for New Americans
Paul and Daisy Soros Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $65,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 1, 2018 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United States
Age restriction: No more than 30 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for the Fellowship, you must meet the following requirements as of the November 1 application deadline:
- New American Status:
- The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans is a fellowship program intended for United States immigrants and children of immigrants.
- To be eligible, an applicant’s birth parents must have both been born outside of the US as non-US citizens, and both parents must not have been eligible for US citizenship at the time of their births.
- In addition, one of the following must be true of the applicant as of the November 1 application deadline:
- Born in the US: You are a US citizen by birth and both of your parents were born abroad as non-US citizens.
- Naturalized Citizen: You have been naturalized as a US citizen either on your own or as a minor child under the application of one of your parents.
- Green Card: You are in possession of a valid green card.
- Adopted: You were born outside of the US or one of its territories and were subsequently adopted by American parents, and were awarded US citizenship as a result of your adoption.
- DACA: You have been granted deferred action under the government’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
- Academic Standing
- The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans is a fellowship program intended for immigrants and children of immigrants who are pursuing full time graduate degrees at United States institutions.
- Eligible applicants will have a bachelor’s degree as of the fall of 2018, and may be applying to graduate school as they are applying to the fellowship, or they may already be enrolled in the graduate program that they are seeking funding for as of the application deadline.
- The fellowship program is open to all fields of study and fully accredited fulltime graduate degree programs. In order to be eligible for the 2018 fellowship, an applicant should be planning to be enrolled full time in an eligible graduate degree program at a US university for the full 2018-19 academic year.
- Eligible applicants must not have begun the third year of the program that they are seeking funding for as of the November 1, 2017 deadline.
- Applicants who have a previous graduate degree or who are in a joint-degree program are eligible.
- The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans is a fellowship program intended for students who are early in their careers.
- All students must be 30 or younger as of the application deadline.
- In order to be eligible for the 2018 fellowship an applicant must not have reached or passed their 31st birthday as of the application deadline.
- Ineligible programs: Online programs, executive graduate programs, joint bachelors/master's programs, certificate programs, post-baccalaureate programs, graduate programs that are not in the United States, and graduate programs that are not fully accredited.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowship for New Americans by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.