Paul M. Angell Family Foundation: Conservation Grant
Paul M. Angell Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $1,000,000
Next deadline: Jun 21, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Aug 16, 2019 (Full proposal), Dec 17, 2019 (Letter of inquiry), Feb 1, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach, Research, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The mission of the Paul M. Angell Family Foundation is to advance society through the performing arts, conservation of the world’s oceans, and alleviation of poverty. The foundation was created in 2011 to honor Paul M. Angell, and strives to embody the legacy of his compassion, ingenuity and industriousness.
The primary focus of the Foundation’s grant making in Conservation is the protection of the world’s oceans and species. The Foundation is interested in site-specific projects designed to improve the health of ocean habitats and to enhance their ability to withstand the challenges of climate change. In addition, the Foundation supports efforts to fund species protection, particularly regarding the seas’ apex predators.
- Supporting the creation of Marine Protected Areas
- Encouraging sustainable fisheries management
- Eliminating illegal, unreported, and unregulated fishing
- Conserving the world’s shark and ray species
- Limiting plastics pollution and other ocean debris
- Preserving coral species and ecosystems
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must have a 501(c)(3) determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service and be designated as a public charity.
- Eligible projects include research, conservation and/or restoration.
- Grants for other types of water-related conservation efforts may be considered on a limited basis.
- Organizations can be awarded a grant(s) in only one cycle of the calendar year.
- The Foundation will consider multi-year grants on a case-by-case basis.
- The Foundation will not provide grants for:
- Religious institutions or other nonprofit organizations affiliated with a religion
- Debt reduction
- Fundraising events
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Paul M. Angell Family Foundation: Conservation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.