PEDIGREE Foundation: Program Development Grants
PEDIGREE FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Apr 30, 2021 9:59pm PDT
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $10,000
Fields of work: Animal Welfare - Domestic Animals & Pets
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The PEDIGREE Foundation has its roots in The PEDIGREE Adoption Drive, a campaign initiated in 2005 by PEDIGREE Brand. The annual adoption drive was active in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and other countries around the world and helped raise awareness and funds for dogs in need. In 2008, PEDIGREE Brand created the PEDIGREE Foundation to further help the cause.
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation that is run by a volunteer Board of Directors and funded by PEDIGREE® Brand and contributions from the public. Since 2008, we have awarded more than $6.1 million through 4,740 grants to shelters and rescue organizations.
Program Development Grants
Program Development Grants may be used to support activities that expand the operational capability of your institution to improve canine adoption rates. This includes the expansion of existing programs or new programs that are important to your operation but do not fit the definition of the PEDIGREE Foundation DOGS RULE Grant.
- The project or program impact must be measurable and show adoption rate success attributable to funding.
- Requests must fall within a range of $5,000 to $10,000.
- Capital requests will be considered.
- Finalists will receive an unannounced, on-site visit by an auditor who will assess the current state of care for the animals in your program.
- Interim/final narrative and financial reports will be required and must show direct dog adoption impact connected to the project.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All applicants for PEDIGREE Foundation grants must hold a current 501(c)(3) designation from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- The PEDIGREE Foundation limits its awards to grants for programs that benefit dogs.
- The use of a 501 (c)(3) third party as a fiscal agent is prohibited.
- If your status is not current for any reason, your application will be denied.
- We Do Not Fund
- Programs/projects that do not directly influence dog adoptions.
- Debt reduction or operating deficits
- General operating expenses
- Grants to individuals
- Endowment funding
- Event sponsorships