PEO International Peace Scholarships
Organization for Women in Sciences for the Developing World
Grant amount: Up to US $12,500
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2018 (Full proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Apr 1, 2018 (Full proposal), Dec 15, 2018 (Pre proposal)
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Location of citizenship: Africa, Asia, Europe, Oceania, Caribbean, Central America, South America, Bermuda, Greenland, Saint Pierre And Miquelon, United States Minor Outlying Islands Expand all
Must travel to: Canada, United States
Gender restriction: FemaleView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- The 'pre-proposal deadline' is the last day to submit Eligibility Forms (required before submission of application materials).
- March 1 'full proposal deadline' is the last day to submitted completed application materials from applicants already enrolled in the graduate program & school for which their scholarship is intended.
- April 1 ' full proposal deadline' is the last day to submit completed application materials from applicants not yet enrolled in the graduate program or school for which the scholarship is intended, and the last day to submit completed application materials for applicants who will be attending Cottey College.
About the P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship (IPS)
The International Peace Scholarship Fund, established in 1949, is a program which provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding.
The scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to indicate additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Examples of additional resources are personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship
- The scholarship is based upon demonstrated financial need; however, the
award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- Scholarships are not given for research, internships, or practical training, unless it is combined with coursework.
- Awards are not to be
used to pay past debts.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the PEO International Peace Scholarships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.