PTES Worldwide Conservation Insight Grants
People’s Trust for Endangered SpeciesSuggest an update
Grant amount: £3,000 - £20,000
Applicant type: Research Scientist Indigenous Group Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty College / University PhD Student Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Research
Location of project: Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Anguilla; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belarus; Belize; Benin; Bermuda; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Botswana; Brazil; British Indian Ocean Territory; Bulgaria; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Cayman Islands; Central African Republic; Chad; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo; Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The; Costa Rica; Cuba; Côte D'Ivoire; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Falkland Islands (Malvinas); Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Gibraltar; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran, Islamic Republic Of; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of; Kyrgyzstan; Lao People's Democratic Republic; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic Of; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States Of; Moldova, Republic of; Mongolia; Montenegro; Montserrat; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Pitcairn; Romania; Russian Federation; Rwanda; Saint Helena; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent And The Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Serbia; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Swaziland; Syrian Arab Republic; Tajikistan; Tanzania, United Republic of; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkey; Turkmenistan; Turks and Caicos Islands; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; United Kingdom; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of; Vietnam; Virgin Islands, British; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe; American Samoa Show all
Location of residency: Preferred: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Côte D'Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Republic Of, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic Of, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Federated States Of, Moldova, Republic of, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, State of, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent And The Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe, American Samoa Other eligible locations: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
We have awarded grants to scientific researchers and conservationists for many years for work that is aimed at the preservation of endangered species around the world.
PTES Conservation Insight Grants
Conservation Insight Grant applications are now being accepted. We have introduced a new open application process with no deadlines. Applications will normally be processed within four months. Please take this into consideration when applying, ensuring that no activities are planned before that time.
Our Conservation Insight Grants are for projects focusing on endangered species for up to two years. We award funds between £3,000 and £10,000 per annum up to a maximum total of £20,000.
Funds will be awarded for work that seeks to either:
- Find the critical scientific evidence that will facilitate the conservation of a species
- Provide the answer to a key conservation question, which will enable conservationists to undertake critical conservation action
- Undertake the implementation of a key local action which will result in a significantly, positive impact for an endangered species
High priority projects include:
- Gathering evidence needed to undertake necessary mitigation work
- Using scientific evidence to get changes made to local, national or international policy
- Devising and testing a new methodology for monitoring a species or group of species
Priority is also given to applications for conservation and research work on species classified as endangered, critically endangered and extinct in the wild by the IUCN.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants are welcomed from scientific researchers and those working in the field of practical conservation.
- The project leader should be based either within an NGO or a university research department.
- These grants are suitable for research or conservation projects that focus on one or more endangered species, or their habitat.
- Applications will only be considered from those working in countries classified by the World Bank as low and middle-income
- Please go to the World Bank web page to check if your country applies.
- The project should be up to two years in duration.
- The project should have a clear end point. If aspects of a project are likely to continue over
the long-term, the applicant should make clear how they will be funded.
- Priority is also given to applications for conservation and research work on species classified as endangered, critically endangered and extinct in the wild by the IUCN.
- Preference is given to projects with outcomes that are clear and sustainable
- Priority will be given to projects working on those species classified by the IUCN redlist as endangered, critically endangered and extinct in the wild.
- However applications for work on species listed as vulnerable and near-threatened will also be considered.
- Preference is given to applicants working in their own country rather than UK or other western nationals working abroad.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a proven, successful history working on the species and/or in that region.
- Please note that we do not fund work on bird species or general habitat management.
- What will not be considered for funding:
- Applications from local or national governments
- Applications for work on bird species
- Student fees or living costs for any level of course
- Projects that are part of an undergraduate or Masters course
- Core salary or administrative costs of an organisation unrelated to the project
- Work on an alien species to a country unless it is likely to result in benefit to a native species
- Applications for projects run by western-based NGOs who send successive volunteers groups out to developing countries
- Low priority projects would include:
- General survey work to determine population status of a species in an area
- Local reintroductions
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the PTES Worldwide Conservation Insight Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.