Pet Advocacy Grants
Grant amount: Up to US $250,000
Next anticipated deadline: Oct 31, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Apr 30, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About the Banfield Foundation
From Banfield Pet Hospital’s start as a single hospital in 1955, to our presence today with more than 950 hospitals across the country and Puerto Rico, we have been committed to giving back.
Banfield Foundation was launched in September of 2015 – born out of our belief that all pets deserve access to veterinary care. In just over a year, the foundation has awarded more than $1.7 million, impacting almost 70,000 pets in 41 states and Washington, D.C. And we’re just getting started!
From disaster relief, to veterinary assistance and pet advocacy grants, to sponsoring the American Veterinary Medical Association’s Reaching UP program, we’ve found ways to reach pets in need around the country. Now, we’re proud to share details of that impact with you.
Guidelines for Pet Advocacy Grant Application
Banfield Foundation Pet Advocacy Grants fund programs that help pets and their families stay together. The Banfield Foundation funding priorities are focused on programs that provide a direct solution to avoid surrender or separation of companion pets from families.
Some of the program types we fund are:
- Basic veterinary care for financially-challenged companion pet owners and families.
- Programs that help the vulnerable population (homeless, seriously ill, homebound, disabled, domestic abuse victims, etc) care for or keep their pets.
- Education programs that directly relate to keeping companion pets and their people together.
- Behavior modification programs to correct inappropriate companion pet behaviors so that pets may remain in the home.
- Disaster preparedness focused on pets and pet owners.
- Special projects may be considered. Please contact us prior to submitting a request that does not meet the above guidelines.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All applicants must be nonprofit organizations with proof of 501(c)(3) status and running programs that deliver assistance to pets and their owners living in the United States.
- The Banfield Foundation prefers grant applications from small and medium sized nonprofits.
- However, if your operating budget is greater than $5,000,000, the project budget for which you are seeking funding must be less than $250,000.
- The Banfield Foundation does not fund:
- Spay and neuter or adoption programs.
- General humane education programs.
- Behavior modification programs for pets awaiting adoption.
- Indirect operating expenses, deficit reduction, or general administrative overhead expenses. Unrelated salary expenses will not be considered.
- Fundraising campaigns, including special events.
- Grants to individuals, or to provide support for business enterprise.
- International programs.
- Programs that relate to or promote a specific political position.
- Construction costs for new buildings or remodeling proposals.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Pet Advocacy Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.