PetSmart CharitiesSuggest an update
Predicted deadline: Mar 18, 2021 2:00pm PDT
Grant amount: Up to US $250,000
Fields of work: Animal Welfare - Domestic Animals & Pets
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Canada, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
We envision a world in which every pet has a lifelong, loving home.
PetSmart Charities® and PetSmart Charities® of Canada are nonprofit animal welfare organizations that save the lives of homeless pets. More than 400,000 dogs and cats find homes each year through our adoption program in all PetSmart® stores and our sponsored adoption events.
PetSmart Charities: Pet Transport Grants
Purpose of category:
Transport grants are designed to support PetSmart Charities Adoption Partners' efforts to transport animals from areas of overpopulation to areas of demand for pet adoption.
Funding may support:
- Equipment, containment & supplies
- Volunteer support
- Isolation space & cost
- Direct costs associated with transport:
- Vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle insurance
- Transport Prep for Animals
- Health Certifications
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible to apply, Adoption Partners must have completed 100 adoptions in a PetSmart store in the U.S. or 50 in Canada over the last 12 months and in compliance with all PetSmart Charities policies, procedures, and reporting requirements. If the applicant is not an Adoption Partner, the transport request must include a partnership with an Adoption Partner that has completed the necessary number of adoptions.
- Who can apply:
- Approved and active Adoption Partners
- Collaborative efforts that involve multiple partners utilizing sustainable transport networks relocating at least 1,500 pets annually (U.S.) or 500 pets (Canada)
- Preference will be given to requests that impact 1,500 animals or more in the U.S. or 500 in Canada over the last 12 months in a PetSmart store.
- We do not fund:
- Private foundations
- Organizations outside the U.S. and Canada.