Peter Kiewit Foundation Grant
Peter Kiewit FoundationSuggest an update
Next deadline: Jun 25, 2020 9:59pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Jul 15, 2020 9:59pm PDT (Full proposal), Sep 24, 2020 9:59pm PDT (Letter of inquiry), Oct 15, 2020 9:59pm PDT (Full proposal), Dec 20, 2020 9:59pm PST (Letter of inquiry), Jan 15, 2021 9:59pm PST (Full proposal), Mar 26, 2021 9:59pm PDT (Letter of inquiry), Apr 15, 2021 9:59pm PDT (Full proposal)
Grant amount: More than US $5,000
Fields of work: Community Health Education Health Disparities & Social Determinants of Health Health Care Access & Delivery Life Skills Training & Rehabilitation Job Creation Workforce Preparation & Job Readiness Vocational & Trade Education After School /Summer Educational Programs Human & Social Services Art & Culture Recreation Civic Engagement & Education Civic Leadership Development Entrepreneurship Employment Services Economic Services & Development Youth Development & Leadership College Success / Persistence Career/College Preparation Parental Involvement in Education Academic Success & Enrichment Education - K through 12 Education - Higher Education Education - Preschool / Early Learning Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Capital Project, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Nebraska, Counties in Iowa: Adair County, Adams County, Audubon County, Calhoun County, Carroll County, Cass County, Cherokee County, Crawford County, Dallas County, Fremont County, Greene County, Guthrie County, Harrison County, Ida County, Madison County, Mills County, Monona County, Montgomery County, Page County, Plymouth County, Pottawattamie County, Ringgold County, Sac County, Shelby County, Taylor County, Union County, Woodbury County Show all
Location of residency: Nebraska, Counties in Iowa: Adair County, Adams County, Audubon County, Calhoun County, Carroll County, Cass County, Cherokee County, Crawford County, Dallas County, Fremont County, Greene County, Guthrie County, Harrison County, Ida County, Madison County, Mills County, Monona County, Montgomery County, Page County, Plymouth County, Pottawattamie County, Ringgold County, Sac County, Shelby County, Taylor County, Union County, Woodbury County Show allView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: A representative from your organization should connect with a foundation program officer before the "letter of inquiry" deadline to discuss the proposed project, confirm eligibility to apply, and determine alignment to foundation goals. Once eligibility, alignment, and readiness have been confirmed, a program officer will issue a URL link to our online application. Application deadlines are listed as "full proposal" deadlines above..
We give primary consideration to proposals that are most closely aligned to the foundation’s Impact Areas. We invest in proven and promising programs, systemic solutions, capital projects, general operations, planning and capacity building, and policy development.
We pursue our mission through three impact areas in which we invest in proven and promising programs, systemic solutions, capital projects, general operations, planning and capacity building, and policy development:
Youth Pathways to Success
The objective of the Youth Pathways to Success impact area is to increase the number of youth who progress in their education and secure meaningful employment. Our priority strategies include:
- Cradle-to-Career Alignment
- Goal: Better align P-16 education systems, out-of-school time programs, community and family supports, and employers.
- We have a particular focus on efforts that improve student persistence and success, strengthen the capacity of the community college system, and better connect high schools, post-secondary institutions, and employers at a regional and statewide level.
- Post-Secondary Access and Success
- Goal: Ensure youth are able to gain admission to, attend, and complete higher education ready to enter a meaningful career.
- We have a particular focus on efforts that improve academic and personal readiness for post-secondary education (two-year, four-year, and vocational-technical), provide admissions and financial aid counseling, and improve post-secondary affordability
- Youth Development
- Goal: Enable youth, particularly vulnerable youth, to access the programs and services they need to be prepared for academic, personal, and professional success.
- We have a particular focus on efforts that improve the quality, capacity, coordination, and reach of the out-of-school time sector.
Economic Growth and Opportunity
The objective of the Economic Growth and Opportunity impact area is to bolster a vital, diverse and growing economy that advances individual and community prosperity. Our priority strategies include:
- Economic Development
- Goal: Support efforts to improve Nebraska’s economic competitiveness, strengthen regional economies, and revitalize distressed communities.
- We have a particular focus on efforts that drive economic activity and improve employment in the Omaha-Council Bluffs urban core, in low-income neighborhoods in the Omaha Metro, and in key regions of economic activity across Nebraska.
- Talent Development
- Goal: Cultivate a skilled workforce and foster entrepreneurial activity to fuel economic growth.
- We have a particular focus on efforts that support key sectors that drive economic growth and promote high wage, high skill, high demand jobs.
- Economic Opportunity
- Goal: Expand opportunities for low-income individuals and families to achieve greater economic success.
- We have a particular focus on efforts that provide education, job training, and support services to people working hard to improve their economic circumstances.
The objective of Thriving Places is to support local efforts to build thriving communities. Our priority strategies include:
- Community Capacity
- Goal: Strengthen communities’ ability to pursue their own future through leadership development, capacity-building, planning, and resident engagement.
- We have a particular focus on assisting communities working hard to improve their own circumstances.
- Quality of Place Amenities
- Goal: Invest in and increase access to quality civic, cultural, and recreational amenities.
- We have particular focus on supporting projects such as libraries, parks, playgrounds, pools, arts and culture spaces, and trails that deliver community-wide benefit.
- Nonprofit Facilities
- Goal: Invest in capital projects that improve a nonprofit’s ability to impact their clientele and community.
- We have particular focus on capital projects that help a nonprofit address community-wide needs and priorities.
Emergent Issues and Opportunities
The foundation also considers requests outside of our three primary areas of focus to fund projects with high potential for impact and learning.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Geographic consideration:
- The foundation supports efforts primarily in the Omaha metro area and across the state of Nebraska.
- We also make grants in that portion of Western Iowa within 100 miles of Omaha, as well as other geographies of interest to Mr. Kiewit.
- Organization type:
- We award grants to nonprofit organizations with a valid 501(c)(3) status and to units of government.
- Matching Funds
- Non-profit organizations may apply for a maximum of 50% of the total project cost
- Units of government (tax-supported entities) may apply for a maximum of 25% of the total project cos
- It is to an applicant’s advantage to have developed at least a portion of the matching funds needed before submitting a request.
- We do not provide funding to individuals, for-profit businesses, other private foundations, individual K-12 schools, or churches.
- The Foundation does not provide funding to support debt retirement, operational deficits, endowments, general fund drives/annual appeals, event sponsorship, or routine public works projects.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”