Petfinder Emergency Medical Grant
Grant amount: US $100 - US $1,000
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Canada, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Petfinder Foundation is a public charity that works to end the euthanasia of adoptable pets by assisting animal shelters and rescue groups across North America. Founded in 2003, the Petfinder Foundation has given more than $20 million in cash and product grants to help organizations save the lives of pets in need.
Our grant programs are designed to make homeless pets more adoptable by keeping them happy and healthy, to make shelter operations more sustainable, and to aid adoption groups during times of natural or man-made disaster. Our grant recipients include more than 13,000 organizations, caring for more than 300,000 homeless pets at any given time, throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Emergency Medical Grant
Emergency Medical Grants are intended to assist Petfinder members caring for pets who need special veterinary care in order to become adoptable. Grants from this program can be used to cover dental work, emergency surgery, etc., up to $1,000.
Organizations are only eligible to receive one Emergency Medical grant from the Petfinder Foundation per year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for ANY grant from the Petfinder Foundation, your organization must:
- Be a Petfinder member in good standing, actively posting your adoptable pets on Petfinder.com and maintaining up-to-date listings
- Provide your contact information and EIN or tax ID
- Be financially self-sustaining as reported on your most recent form 990
- Provide average monthly intake, adoption, and euthanasia numbers
- Participate in press releases drafted by the Petfinder Foundation
- After funds have been spent, submit an online grant report that includes receipts as well as photos and adoption stories of pets who were helped by the grant
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- This program will not provide grants to cover routine veterinary services such as spay/neuter, vaccines or wellness exams.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Petfinder Emergency Medical Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.