Environmental Education Fund
Petoskey-Harbor Springs Area Community Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $500
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Emmet County, Michigan
Location of residency: Emmet County, MichiganView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis during the school year. Please submit your request in advance of the proposed activity.
The Environmental Education Fund was established in 2009 by a generous donor who wanted to connect local youth to the incredible ecology that surrounds them. With inland lakes, hardwood forests, “million dollar” sunsets, freshwater springs, coastal sand dunes, migratory bird paths, pastoral countryside and, of course, the beloved Little Traverse Bay – Emmet County boasts an abundance of natural resources for our enjoyment and learning. We truly have one of the best “outdoor classrooms” around!
Environmental Education Fund grants may be used to support nature-based learning for K-12 students in Emmet County. Current priorities include:
- Field trip transportation to local nature preserves, birding trails, state parks, fishing ponds, family farms and other outdoor environments that complement what students are learning in their classrooms.
- Equipment such as orienteering devices, art supplies, binoculars, waders, etc. that enhances student learning and deeper observation of the ecology.
- Specialized training for local educators and nonprofit staff on how to facilitate environmental education for area students.
Since 2009 the Environmental Education Fund has helped nearly 5,000 Emmet County children and teens learn from nature!
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Emmet County schools and 501(c)(3) nonprofits that provide K-12 environmental education in Emmet County are eligible to apply for a grant.
- Requests must be $500.00 or less.
- Proposed activities must occur during the current K-12 school year and must emphasize nature-based learning.
- This fund is not intended to support outdoor recreation or athletics, such as skiing trips or sailing lessons.
- he Community Foundation does not reimburse activities that already occurred.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Environmental Education Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.