Grant for Botanical Research, Education, and Conservation
Philadelphia Botanical ClubSuggest an update
Grant amount: Approximately US $4,000
Deadline: Oct 15, 2020
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Pennsylvania
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Philadelphia Botanical Club Grant for Botanical Research, Education, and Conservation provides support for Philadelphia Botanical Club members who are conducting research, developing educational programs and/or working on conservation efforts that involve plants, preferably in the Philadelphia region. For the purpose of this grant, the term "plants" includes algae, lichens, and fungi.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The applicant must be a current member of the Philadelphia Botanical Club.
- Applicant does not need any institutional affiliation.
- Types of projects supported:
- Research Projects: For research projects, the intent of the grant is to contribute to botanical research that leads to peer-reviewed or popular publications and advances our knowledge of plants, preferably those of the greater Philadelphia region.
- Educational Projects: For educational projects, the intent of the grant is to foster general knowledge and public engagement with our local flora. The project may include such deliverables as public lectures or forums on plants, plant guides, or web-based tools for plant identification or research (e.g., tracking phenology or pollinator relationships).
- Conservation Projects: For conservation projects, the intent of the grant is to assist projects that involve managing habitat for a rare species or habitat restoration in general. Please note that all permits and allowances for access to and management of land must be in place and submitted with the grant application.
- Types of expenses eligible for support:
- Expenses directly related to the project are eligible for funding. For example:
- Supplies and minor equipment (e.g., GPS units, camera accessories work gloves/tools)
- Printing costs (e.g., for field guides)
- Personnel costs
- Travel to and living expenses at field sites or museums are all eligible.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Grant for Botanical Research, Education, and Conservation by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.