Philanthropic Charitable Support
Genentech FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: San Diego County, San Mateo County, Solano County, Jefferson County, Kentucky, Washington County, Oregon
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Genentech Foundation is a U.S.-based, private charitable foundation. It was established in 2002 by Genentech, a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes biotherapeutics for significant unmet medical needs.
Genentech is committed to being a strong corporate citizen, and the Genentech Foundation is one of the most important ways in which we give back to our communities. Launched in 2002, the Foundation is charged with identifying and supporting select organizations whose missions and outreach align with our funding priorities.
Philanthropic Charitable Support
Philanthropic Charitable Support is focused on humanitarian & social programs, science & education or community & environment. These requests are not healthcare-related.
Genentech provides Philanthropic Charitable Support in locations where we have a site.
Funding priorities include:
- K-12 STEM Education
- Genentech employee volunteerism activities
Requests must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the project/program start date.
If you are an organization in the Bay Area seeking a grant related to K-12 STEM education or a volunteerism activity involving Genentech employees, please contact [email protected] before submitting a grant request.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Your organization must:
- be recognized by the IRS as a tax exempt, public charity under sections 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code and be located in the United States; OR
- be a US governmental organization (such as public schools, public colleges and universities, public hospitals and federally recognized Indian tribal governments)
- These requests are not healthcare-related.
- In order to be eligible for this type of funding, your organization must not be:
- A political or sectarian organization
- Based outside of the United States
- In order to be eligible for this type of funding, the funding must not be used for:
- Alumni drives
- Capital campaigns/building funds
- Infrastructural requests(e.g. salaries, equipment)
- Professional sports events or athletes
- Religious purposes
- Genentech cannot be the sole supporter of an event or program.
- An organization with a written policy to discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender expression and/or identify, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other protected status is ineligible for funding.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Philanthropic Charitable Support by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.