Phillips Fund for Native American Research Program
American Philosophical SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $3,500
Deadline: Mar 1, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Canada, United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Phillips Fund of the American Philosophical Society provides grants for research in Native American linguistics, ethnohistory, and the history of studies of Native Americans, in the continental United States and Canada. The committee distinguishes ethnohistory from contemporary ethnography as the study of cultures and culture change through time.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications are accepted from graduate students for research on master’s theses or doctoral dissertations.
- The committee sometimes approves two awards to the same person within a five-year period.
- The grants are intended for such costs as travel, tapes, films, and consultants' fees.
- The committee prefers to support the work of younger scholars who have received the doctorate.
- Grants are not made for projects in archaeology, ethnography, psycholinguistics, or for the preparation of pedagogical materials.
- Grant funds are not for the purchase of books or permanent equipment or to pay income tax on the award.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Phillips Fund for Native American Research Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.