Conservation & Science Grant Program
Grant amount: Up to US $3,000
Next deadline: Dec 1, 2018 4:00pm PST (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Sep 1, 2019 4:00pm PDT (Pre proposal)
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Conservation & Science department’s mission is to provide ex situ support for in situ conservation. We accomplish our goals through participation and leadership in conservation efforts at the Phoenix Zoo, throughout our region and worldwide.
The Phoenix Zoo encourages global activism by offering conservation grants to selected individuals who apply through the Conservation & Science Grant program. The Zoo’s grants can go towards
supporting a component of a larger project, seed money to begin a novel project, or towards the
expansion of an existing conservation program.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This conservation grants are offered to selected individuals.
- Phoenix Zoo Conservation & Science Grants are for one year of project support only.
- If support for a multi-year program is desired, please present a request for a one-year component of a larger program.
- Priority is given to proposals that demonstrate a measurable, common-sense approach to conservation and science issues, appropriate research methodologies, effective knowledge sharing and capacity 2 building strategies, ex situ support of in situ conservation, and active involvement of local communities.
- Well constructed submissions will clearly describe how the project fits one or more of the above-stated
areas of focus.
- Funds may not be used to support:
- Tuition, fees (including publication fees) or fringe benefits
- Salaries for staff appointed to regular, full-time positions
- Travel not associated with project activities (e.g. travel to conferences where results will be presented)
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Conservation & Science Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.