Plant & Animal SMRT Grant
Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc.Suggest an update
Grant amount: Approximately US $50,000 in in-kind support
Anticipated deadline: Feb 22, 2020 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Research Scientist Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Europe; Central America; Central Asia; Eastern Africa; Middle Africa; North America; South America; South-Eastern Asia; Southern Africa; Western Africa; Afghanistan; Algeria; Anguilla; Antigua and Barbuda; Armenia; Aruba; Azerbaijan; Bahamas; Bahrain; Bangladesh; Barbados; Bhutan; Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba; Cayman Islands; China; Curaçao; Cyprus; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Egypt; Georgia; Grenada; Guadeloupe; Haiti; Hong Kong; India; Iraq; Israel; Jamaica; Japan; Jordan; Korea, Republic of; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Macao; Maldives; Martinique; Mongolia; Montserrat; Morocco; Nepal; Netherlands Antilles; Oman; Pakistan; Palestine, State of; Qatar; Saint Barthélemy; Saint Kitts And Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Martin; Saint Vincent And The Grenadines; Saudi Arabia; Sint Maarten; Sri Lanka; Taiwan, Republic Of China; Trinidad and Tobago; Tunisia; Turkey; Turks and Caicos Islands; United Arab Emirates; Virgin Islands, British; Western Sahara; Yemen Expand all
Age restriction: At least 18 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Be Bold - Sequence with Confidence
With Single Molecule, Real-Time (SMRT) Sequencing you can explore even the most complex genomes with confidence. A reference-quality genome and phased haplotypes will help you uncover new insights and propel your science.
Sequence Any Plant or Animal on the Tree of Life!
Plant and Animal Sciences SMRT Grant Program
Show us in a 90-second video abstract how a high-quality genome of your favorite plant or animal will advance your science for a chance to win:
- Construction of up to 2 SMRTbell libraries
- SMRT Sequencing (up to 20 SMRT Cells)
- Bioinformatics analysis
Five finalists will be selected from all qualified submissions by a panel of scientists from PacBio and our co-sponsor, Histogenetics, to be shared and voted on by the public to choose a winner.
Read the full 2019 rules here.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Participation in the Pacific Biosciences (PacBio®) 2018 Plant and Animal Sciences SMRT Grant Program is open to individual entrants (excluding, in each case, vendors) meeting these eligibility requirements:
- Entrants must be professionally engaged in laboratory-based scientific research and have attained at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (entrants must, in any event, be at least 18 years of age).
- Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and independent contractors of the Sponsors or their respective affiliates or subsidiaries, together with their immediate family members and members of the same households (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate.
- Also ineligible are
- residents of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or any country subject to U.S. embargo;
- any persons (including businesses, research institutions, government and private organizations, individuals, and other types of legal persons )on the U.S. government’s Denied Persons List, Specially Designated Nationals list, Entity List, Unverified List or any other similar list maintained by the U.S. government or any other government to whose laws the Sponsors or their respective affiliates or subsidiaries, the Grant Program or such person is subject, and all individuals employed thereby or otherwise associated therewith; and
- any persons for whom it would be illegal to participate in or win the Grant Program, or with or to whom it would be illegal for the Sponsors to interact or award the prize as contemplated herein.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Plant & Animal SMRT Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.