Pacific Biosciences/GENEWIZ Plant & Animal Grant SMRT Grant
Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc.
Grant amount: Approximately US $10,000 in in-kind support
Anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Europe; Central America; Central Asia; Eastern Africa; Middle Africa; North America; South America; South-Eastern Asia; Southern Africa; Western Africa; Afghanistan; Algeria; Anguilla; Antigua and Barbuda; Armenia; Aruba; Azerbaijan; Bahamas; Bahrain; Bangladesh; Barbados; Bhutan; Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba; Cayman Islands; China; Curaçao; Cyprus; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Egypt; Georgia; Grenada; Guadeloupe; Haiti; Hong Kong; India; Iraq; Israel; Jamaica; Japan; Jordan; Korea, Republic of; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Macao; Maldives; Martinique; Mongolia; Montserrat; Morocco; Nepal; Netherlands Antilles; Oman; Pakistan; Palestine, State of; Qatar; Saint Barthélemy; Saint Kitts And Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Martin; Saint Vincent And The Grenadines; Saudi Arabia; Sint Maarten; Sri Lanka; Taiwan, Republic Of China; Trinidad and Tobago; Tunisia; Turkey; Turks and Caicos Islands; United Arab Emirates; Virgin Islands, British; Western Sahara; Yemen Expand all
Must travel to: California
Age restriction: At least 18 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Join GENEWIZ and PacBio on an expedition to Sequence the Tree of Life including some of the most exciting, exotic, and bizarre genomes in the plant and animal kingdom! Tell us how PacBio sequencing will drive new discoveries in your plant or animal research for a chance to win sequencing (up to 150 Gb of data) on the Sequel® System with Bioinformatic support by GENEWIZ.
Prize Description & Consumer Disclosure
- One SMRTbell library preparation, including SMRTbell™ construction and size selection, annealing and binding, with size appropriate to project,
- Up to thirty-two (32) Sequel SMRT Cells 1M (4 / tray) (including sequencing reagents) and,
- Bioinformatics support.
The approximate total value of the prize is US $40,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Participation in the Pacific Biosciences/GENEWIZ 2018 PAG SMRT® Grant Program is open to registered attendees of the Plant and Animal Genome Conference in San Diego, CA, USA and non-attendees (excluding, in each case, vendors) meeting these eligibility requirements.
- Entrants must be professionally engaged in laboratory-based scientific research and have attained at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (entrants must, in any event, be at least 18 years of age).
- Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and independent contractors of the Sponsors, its subsidiaries or affiliated companies, together with their immediate family members and members of the same households (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate.
- Also ineligible are:
- residents of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or any country subject to U.S. embargo;
- any persons (including businesses, research institutions, government and private organizations, individuals, and other types of legal persons) on the U.S. government’s Denied Persons List, Specially Designated Nationals list, Entity List, Unverified List or any other similar list maintained by the U.S. government or any other government to whose laws the Sponsors, its subsidiaries or affiliated companies, the Grant Program or such person is subject, and all individuals employed thereby or otherwise associated therewith; and
- any persons for whom it would be illegal to participate in or win the Grant Program, or with or to whom it would be illegal for the Sponsors to interact or award the prize as contemplated herein.
- The Grant Program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited or where registration, bonding or language translation is required.
- Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Pacific Biosciences/GENEWIZ Plant & Animal Grant SMRT Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.