Local Impact: Maintaining the Safety net
Kate B. Reynolds Charitable TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $350,000
Next deadline: Jan 18, 2019 2:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Feb 1, 2019 2:00pm PST (Full proposal), Jul 9, 2019 (Letter of inquiry), Aug 13, 2019 2:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Forsyth County, North Carolina
Location of residency: North CarolinaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: If you believe you are eligible, contact the program coordinator to arrange a phone consultation to determine if your idea is a fit. An advance call is required at all times. The Call-by date is the "Letter of inquiry" deadline above.
Local Impact Funding Opportunity: Maintaining the Safety Net
The Trust has long supported safety net organizations in Forsyth County to ensure people have access to basic human needs, such as food, clothing, and shelter. As we shift our work toward building an inclusive economy for all, we also will continue to support the strengthening of the safety net so that no one falls behind.
Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the local safety net system via coordination and alignment.
Support overall coordination, alignment, and collaboration among safety net providers in Winston-Salem and Forsyth County through planning, research, convening, and building better integrated referral networks.
Comprehensive and coordinated safety net services can help to reduce the impact of shocks and stresses that disproportionally affect people living on low incomes. Ideally, a highly functioning, coordinated ecosystem of safety net services will help to increase the future economic stability for those needing crisis support now. Through this funding opportunity, the Trust seeks proposals to support the overall alignment and collaboration of local organizations that provide emergency assistance to Forsyth County residents.
Earlier this year, the Trust funded ncIMPACT to conduct a survey and hold focus groups to learn about the most pressing issues facing Forsyth County. That research reinforced what we had heard from other projects—that local safety net resources are numerous but not well coordinated, and people who need them most don’t always know how to access them.
Proposals might include coordinated strategic planning and convenings, strategic reviews of processes and protocols, data sharing and internal technology enhancements, or technical assistance to improve the overall effectiveness of the field. This work might include coordinated marketing among safety net providers, strategic communications planning and implementation, or coordinated community outreach campaigns.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Before applying, consider the following questions and requirements:
- Is your organization or work a good fit with the Trust?
- Are you located or operating in North Carolina?
- Does your work focus on improving quality of life and health for North Carolinians with low incomes?
- Do you primarily support populations experiencing poverty?
- These populations include: individuals living at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level; the uninsured; and those eligible for Medicaid and/or the free/reduced school lunch program.
- Are your clients (or focus population) residents of Forsyth County? If yes, then you may fit our geographic criteria.
- Organizations the Trust WILL fund:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Governmental entities
- Organizations the Trust WILL NOT fund:
- Faith-based organizations without 501(c)(3)
- Type III supporting organizations
- Organizations providing pass-through funds to an ineligible organization
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Local Impact: Maintaining the Safety net by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.