Porticus North America Foundation Grant
Porticus North America FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research, Training / Capacity Building, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Canada, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Porticus North America Foundation
Porticus North America strives to make a positive contribution to the common good in the United States and Canada. We collaborate with and support a network of strong partners. Our partners are committed to addressing the immediate needs and systemic causes of a small number of key issues that undermine individual dignity and humanity.
Porticus North America works with a strong network of partners to effect meaningful change in areas where the impact of systemic poverty is most acute, and where human potential is most diminished. We support those institutions working with marginalised communities so as to build capacity and enhance their ability to bring relief to vulnerable individuals and families. Porticus North America supports groups that work with people caught up in the criminal justice system to bring healing, reduce recidivism and reunite families. We support those who work with youth at risk in a failing educational system. Finally, we believe that faith communities can provide care and effect systemic change; therefore we work to build capacity and leadership in the Church. This is particularly important to address the needs of a growing Latino population.
At all levels of education, Porticus North America supports projects that aim to increase educational opportunities, prevent school failure/drop-out, and enhance the quality of education in Catholic schools.
Porticus North America supports projects aimed at transforming society and its social structures in order to create a more just world for all. We are particularly in favour of projects that work for systemic or structural change for the benefit of those in need.
Porticus North America has particular interest in projects intended to enhance the level and quality of prison ministry from the perspective of restorative justice.
Porticus North America believes that vibrant and inclusive communities of faith play an important role in promoting social justice and ensuring that the dignity of each person is respected. We strive to support projects aimed at promoting dialogue and enhancing the Church's role in today's diverse societies.
Porticus North America has a special interest in supporting:
- Hispanic and First Nations Ministries. We are especially interested in projects that seek to cultivate the development of Hispanic or First Nations lay leadership in churches in the United States and/or Canada.
- Youth Ministry. Porticus North America supports comprehensive youth ministry. We seek to support programmes with a solid foundation in Catholic Social Teaching and that speak to the needs of today’s youth. We prefer programmes that empower youth to become more actively engaged in society.
Porticus North America gives priority to projects that have at their core a desire and plan to empower vulnerable individuals, families, and communities to become more self-sufficient and to participate more fully in the wider community.
Preference is given to organisations that have a proven track record of collaboration with other service providers and networks, and a commitment to meeting the needs of the whole person.
Porticus North America is interested in:
- Projects that are innovative
- Projects that are long-term financially sustainable
- Projects that are potentially replicable
- Projects that have more than one source of financial support.
Porticus North America will consider:
- Start-up funding for new organisations or the launch of major new initiatives
- Programmes that are focused on systemic change, with a well-developed theory of change and a mechanism for measurement and evaluation
- Organisational capacity building efforts designed to strengthen an organisation so it can advance its mission more effectively and widely, e.g., strategic planning, leadership development, board training, etc.
- Practical research projects, if there is a clearly identified audience who will use the research and assume part of the funding costs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Porticus North America will accept letters of introduction from organisations located within the United States and Canada that have a tax-exempt or a charitable registration number. In addition, the project for which you are seeking support must take place within the United States and/or Canada.
- Porticus North America does not consider applications from:
- Individual parishes
- Individual schools
- Retreat houses
- In addition, Porticus North America does not consider requests for:
- Projects that serve the ongoing functions of a particular institution
- Support for individuals
- Capital campaigns/endowments
- Debt repayment
- Buildings/major renovations
- Political lobbying
- Retroactive funding
- General support for well-established programmes
- Projects in which the benefits accrue in other countries
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Porticus North America Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.