PositiveNRG Grant Program
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Guam, Virgin Islands, Counties in Arizona: Pima County, Yuma County, Counties in California: Contra Costa County, Imperial County, Kern County, Kings County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, San Diego County, San Luis Obispo County, Logan County, Colorado, Counties in Connecticut: Fairfield County, Litchfield County, Middlesex County, New Haven County, New London County, Counties in Delaware: Kent County, Sussex County, Counties in Illinois: Cook County, Lake County, Tazewell County, Will County, Counties in Iowa: Greene County, Palo Alto County, Counties in Louisiana: Jefferson Davis Parish, Ouachita Parish, Pointe Coupee Parish, Counties in Maryland: Dorchester County, Prince George's County, Counties in Minnesota: Cottonwood County, Lincoln County, Murray County, Watonwan County, Counties in Nebraska: Boone County, Custer County, Knox County, Clark County, Nevada, Mercer County, New Jersey, Counties in New Mexico: Doña Ana County, Roosevelt County, Counties in New York: Oswego County, Queens County, Richmond County, Counties in Oklahoma: Dewey County, Harper County, Woodward County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Dauphin County, Indiana County, Somerset County, Westmoreland County, Counties in Texas: Fort Bend County, Harris County, Howard County, Leon County, Matagorda County, Newton County, Nolan County, Oldham County, Pecos County, San Patricio County, Sterling County, Tom Green County, Webb County, Counties in Utah: Beaver County, Iron County, Utah County, Mineral County, West Virginia, Uinta County, Wyoming Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of the nation's largest and most diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform.
We aim to be pioneers in developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost 3 million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
The positiveNRG program strengthens communities by investing in the places where we do business. We focus on giving back to the community in three main areas:
- Education grants and scholarships strengthen international understanding, cultural exchange, environmental education, entrepreneurial education and/or local knowledge of the independent power generation business and help to meet the educational needs of communities where we operate.
- Environment grants fund initiatives that preserve natural resources or help to meet the environmental needs of communities where we operate.
- Human welfare grants provide humanitarian assistance and/or disaster relief, improve public safety and help to meet the human welfare needs of communities where we operate.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be a non-profit/charity/501(c)(3) or governmental organization.
- The positiveNRG program gives preference to organizations and initiatives that have a meaningful and direct impact on the community, as well as nonprofit organizations and initiatives that are supported in partnership with the community.
- We encourage investing in initiatives that strengthen community involvement and inclusiveness.
- In most cases, we will not contribute to religious, political, veteran and fraternal organizations, except for related programs that directly benefit the community and not the organization
- We do not contribute to organizations that support terrorist activities or discriminate.
- Generally, we do not support sponsorships and club activities unless there is a unique initiative that complies with the positiveNRG policy and guidelines.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the PositiveNRG Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.