Postdoctoral Fellowships in Academic Libraries
Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Canada, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United States
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 4 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
These fellowships are open to any discipline and are flexible within the program’s overall goals and guidelines. They are designed and funded by hosts, who also pay fees to CLIR to help cover the costs of the fellows’ participation in program activities.
Fellowships will begin between June and September 2020. All new fellows must complete a week-long orientation seminar that will be held July 26 – August 1, 2020 at Bryn Mawr College.
Host institutions may include any academic, independent, public, or government library, archive, or museum, or any partnership or consortium made up of the same, provided the organization has a demonstrable need of the fellow’s subject expertise to pursue a project or initiative commensurate with its mission and in alignment with this program’s goals.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis; there is no set limit to the number of new Postdoctoral Fellowships in Academic Libraries awarded each year. The application is intended to help hosts think through their needs and to craft relevant position descriptions.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Recent Ph.D.s from any discipline in the humanities, sciences, and social sciences, so long as they meet the eligibility criteria for the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program.
- To be considered for 2020 Postdoctoral Fellowships, applicants must:
- have received a Ph.D. after January 1, 2015, but before beginning the fellowship;
- be legally permitted to work in the United States or Canada between 2020 and 2022 during the fellowship appointment;
- submit a complete application package, including all supporting documentation; and
- attend the program’s week-long mandatory seminar in late July to early August 2020, at Bryn Mawr College in Bryn Mawr, PA.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Postdoctoral Fellowships in Academic Libraries by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.