Postgraduate Public Service Fellowship: Richardson Fellowships
Grant amount: Approximately US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 20, 2019 9:00am PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Massachusetts
University restriction: Harvard UniversityView website Save Need help writing this grant?
For Harvard fellowships and grants, a “public service project” is defined as work that:
- Helps people meet their needs for food, shelter, and/or health
- Improves educational and/or employment opportunities
- Educates people about their legal and/or civil rights
- Protects the environment and/or wildlife
- And/or otherwise supports the general welfare
The Richardson Fellowships provide outstanding students contemplating a career in public service with the opportunity to spend a year gaining concrete experience with, and understanding of, the sort of problem or issue that their contemplated public service career would address. These fellowships are intended primarily for graduating seniors in Harvard College who aim to gain some practical experience in the year after graduation before beginning work or graduate school.
The tenure of each Richardson Fellowship in Public Service will be between ten and twelve months, depending upon the nature of the project and the living expenses necessary to pursuing it, and will normally occur during one academic year.
While recipients of these fellowships may hold other grants and/or receive compensation from their organization, they may do so only with the approval of the body administering the Richardson Fellowships, and only if the combination of other such funding sources does not exceed the amount of their Richardson Fellowship.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Richardson Fellowships are to be awarded to students who show outstanding promise of being of service in the public or non-profit sectors.
- These fellowships are intended primarily for graduating seniors in Harvard College who aim to gain some practical experience in the year after graduation before beginning work or graduate school.
- Recipients may not be enrolled as candidates for any academic degree or otherwise engaged in academic study during the period of the Fellowship.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Postgraduate Public Service Fellowship: Richardson Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.