Powell Group Fund Grant
Baton Rouge Area FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Jul 22, 2020 (Pre proposal)
Later deadlines: Aug 1, 2020 (Full proposal), Jan 22, 2021 (Pre proposal), Feb 1, 2021 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Iowa: Plymouth County, Woodbury County, Counties in Louisiana: Calcasieu Parish, East Baton Rouge Parish
Location of residency: Iowa, Louisiana, Sioux County, IowaView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: To begin, you must first register. Once you have completed our registration, you will be directed to a screen to register your organization, or request access to become a grant administrator. Applications for approval as a grants administrator (pre-proposal deadline) must be received 7 days before a deadline (full proposal deadlines).
The Powell Group could serve as a case study for the American dream. From a commitment to innovation and responsive management, a family enterprise that began a century ago as a timber, grocery and dry goods firm has evolved into a thriving, multifaceted operation which continues to pioneer new opportunity for technological advancement and economic prosperity into the next millennium.
The Powell Group is comprised of a number of related companies that work in a coordinated effort to maximize their diverse and ever-growing achievements. It established a Fund at the Baton Rouge Area Foundation in appreciation of the fine employees of the Group whose productivity make it possible for the Company to give back to the community.
The Powell Group believes communities are strengthened when people begin to see themselves as resources, and find successful ways of marshalling their talents and the talents of local people and organizations to solve problems. The purpose of the Fund is to support nonprofit organizations that can demonstrate that they have planned their projects with respect to the community’s greatest opportunities. Grant applicants should keep in mind that priority is given to projects that build on strengths and assets of individuals, organizations and institutions.
- arts and humanities,
- community development,
- healthcare and
- human services.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Fund will support nonprofit organizations in the greater communities of:
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana;
- Lake Charles, Louisiana;
- Le Mars, Iowa;
- Sioux City, Iowa.
- The organization must have a non-discriminatory policy.
- It must demonstrate that it manages its business wisely and that an appropriate percentage of the grant will go to programs rather that administration.
- Organizations eligible for funding should have values consistent with those of the Powell Group:
- A top priority of everyone is to honor commitments, both personally and professionally.
- The workplace atmosphere is one of openness and fairness where everyone communicates directly and honestly, and is governed by the same rules.
- A goal of everyone is to grow, personally and professionally, and to contribute to the achievement of the organization.
- Colleges and universities are not eligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Powell Group Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.