The MacArthur Fund for Arts and Culture at Prince
Prince Charitable TrustsSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $45,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 29, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Cook County, Illinois
Location of residency: Cook County, IllinoisView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The MacArthur Fund for Arts and Culture at Prince supports arts groups in the city of Chicago with annual budgets between $500,000 and $2,000,000.
About the MacArthur Fund at Prince
The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation supports arts organizations in Chicago as an expression of its civic commitment to the community where the Foundation is headquartered and John and Catherine MacArthur made their home. Grants are designed to help sustain the cultural life of the city and region.
In 2003, The MacArthur Foundation created the MacArthur Fund for Arts and Culture at Prince. The fund provides general operating support to mid-sized Chicago arts organizations. The fund is administered according to the Prince Charitable Trusts’ selection criteria and processes for operating support grants to cultural organizations. In 2018, the MacArthur Fund for Arts and Culture at Prince awarded $1,900,000 to 51 Chicago-area organizations.
Types of Grants
The fund makes unrestricted grants for operating support. There is a presumption of multi-year support, but with annual review.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Arts and culture organizations eligible to receive these grants include museums, all types of performance groups, visual arts organizations, presenting groups, arts service organizations, community arts programs, and organizations whose primary mission is to provide high quality arts experiences for young people.
- Organizations in the city of Chicago with annual budgets between $500,000 and $2,000,000 will be eligible.
- Both revenue and expenses must exceed $500,000 as documented by the most recent audited financial statements
- The MacArthur Fund at Prince exclusively supports organizations in the city of Chicago.
- The Trusts make grants only to charitable organizations that are exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are classified as public charities under Sections 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2).
- We do not fund organizations that are part of colleges or universities.
- The Trusts do not fund projects that promote or proselytize any religion.
- While we do fund the projects of faith-based organizations, those projects must be secular in nature.
- The Trusts do not fund organizations that discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any veteran’s status.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MacArthur Fund for Arts and Culture at Prince by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.