PSIPW Specialized Prizes
Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water
Grant amount: US $133,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 31, 2018
Applicant type: Organizations Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water (PSIPW) is a scientific prize with a focus on innovation. Established in 2002 by HRH Crown Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz, it rewards the efforts made by scientists, inventors and research organizations around the world which contribute to the sustainable availability of potable water and the alleviation of the escalating global problem of water scarcity.
To this end, PSIPW awards a suite of five biennial prizes, covering the entire water research landscape. In this way, PSIPW encourages research to find solutions to the various water-related challenges facing the world today.
Each of the four Specialized Prizes is dedicated to the wide range of research topics that fall within its scope. In past awards, specific topics were chosen for each Prize. Nominations are open to all innovative and current research that is relevant to one of the four prizes, which together cover the entire water research landscape. Researchers, research teams, and organizations nominate themselves for these prizes:
- Surface Water Prize: Covering every aspect of the study and development of surface water resources.
- Water Harvesting
- Rain & Runoff Water Modeling
- Effects of Global Warming on Precipitation
- Flood Mitigation & Control
- Evaporation & Transpiration
- Sedimentation Control in Surface Water Systems
- And all other topics related to surface water
- Groundwater Prize: Covering every aspect of the study and development of groundwater resources.
- Groundwater Recharge
- Groundwater Exploration & Assessment
- Groundwater Contamination
- Aquifer Characteristics
- Pumping Tests Pumping Tests
- And all other topics related to groundwater
- Alternative Water Resources Prize: Covering desalination, waste water treatment, and other nontraditional sources of water.
- Wastewater Treatment
- Water Reclamation, Purification & Recycling
- Innovative Water Production Methods
- Cloud Seeding
- Fog & Dew
- And all other topics related to alternative water resources
- Water Management & Protection Prize: Covering the use, management, and protection of water resources.
- Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM)
- Water Conservation
- Water Demand Management
- Water Pollution Control
- Sustainability of Water Resources
- Irrigation Water Management & Conservation
- And all other topics related to the management and protection of water resources
Each prize is accompanied by a distinctive trophy and certificate.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nominations are open to all innovative and current research that is relevant to one of the four prizes, which together cover the entire water research landscape.
- Organizations as well as individuals may nominate themselves for one of the four Specialized Prizes.
- The nominee must be an individual, group of individuals, or organization.
- In the event that a team of individuals are being nominated, all team members (up to five) must be named at the time of application and one member must be specified as their representative. They must be nominated as a group with a single nomination form.
- Eligible works:
- Published research papers, published books, and registered patents may be submitted for consideration.
- The work or works being considered for the nomination must have been completed no more than five (5) years prior to the nomination deadline for the current Prize.
- The work being nominated must not have previously been a recipient of any other international prize. (However, it may have been the recipient of local or regional prizes.)
- PSIPW welcomes nominations for all of its prizes that employ GIS, remote sensing, and other current technologies to provide innovative solutions to water-related problems.
- Members of the Prize committees and their immediate relatives may not be nominated for the Prize.
- Groups of people working on the same project may not be nominated separately.
- Unpublished works and unregistered patents are ineligible for the prize.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the PSIPW Specialized Prizes by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.