Pro Natura Fund Grant
Pro Natura Foundation Japan
Grant amount: Up to ¥1,500,000
Anticipated deadline: Jul 13, 2018 9:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Individuals Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Africa; Americas; Europe; Oceania; Central Asia; South-Eastern Asia; Southern Asia; Western Asia; China; Hong Kong; Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of; Korea, Republic of; Macao; Mongolia; Taiwan, Republic Of China Expand all
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Pro Natura Fund is a conservation grant program managed by Pro Natura Foundation Japan (PNFJ). This program is focused on the scientific research and enlightening activities concerning the conservation of biodiversity and the relationship between human and the environment.
This overseas grant program supports investigation and research aiming at conservation of ecosystem, and enlightenment activities aiming at the improvement of conservation awareness, in areas other than Japan. For example, projects dealing with local environmental issues which have relations with Japan, such as over-deforestation and development of land by Japanese companies, and destruction and contamination of natural resources due to the development of products exporting to Japan, are considered to be important in PNFJ.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The grant is applicable for groups as well as individuals on conditions that meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should be an individual or a group and must be recommended by a scientist or a member of environmental groups in Japan.
- Applicants should have an excellent achievement in the field of nature conservation and/or environmental education.
- Projects that are qualified to be granted by PRO NATURA FUND include:
- Research projects such as:
- Biological, ecological, geomorphological, hydrological, or meteorological study focusing on local nature conservation.
- Environmental study for the purpose of conservation on land area such as forest, and aquatic area such as tidal flat, seaweed bed and estuary.
- Investigation on endangered animal and plant species.
- Investigation on introduced or invasive species.
- Study which aims to solve nature conservation issues occurring today.
- The development of research method which contributes to solve nature conservation issues.
- Activity projects such as:
- The protection of wild animal and plant species, ecosystem, geological features or hydrological environment.
- The promotion of conservational and environmental education, and the enlightenment of nature conservation thought.
- The publication/production of booklets, books and image contents which appeal to the public about nature conservation.
- The holding of symposium, seminar or events which appeal to the public about nature conservation.
- The combination of 1) and 2).
- Projects should take place outside of Japan but have relevance with Japan.
- Applicants may make a short-term visit to Japan, if necessary, as a part of the project.
- Applicants from anywhere in the world are eligible.
- A long-term stay for the purpose of studying in Japan is not applicable.
- The grants should not be used as salary for the applicant nor as travel expenses for any researchers from Japan to join the projects.
- Project results should not be used to secure profits for commercial purposes.
- Project proposals should not be made simultaneously to any other organizations in Japan.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Pro Natura Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.