Providence Shelter Grant
Predicted deadline: Mar 31, 2024
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Fields of work: Black American Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Providence County, Rhode Island
Location of residency: Providence County, Rhode Island
In a time of rapidly changing demographics, we retain a strong commitment to serving children of African descent. The theme for our 2023 granting campaign will focus on healing post-pandemic related racial stress and trauma. Funding will be geared toward programs that are creatively working to close the educational gap and provide mental health relief to our community’s children.
The Proposal Review Committee uses these guidelines when evaluating grant applications:
- Priority will be given to Organizations & Programs that are led by leaders of color.
- Funding is provided to groups that serve children of African descent.
- Approval may also take into consideration the other sources of an agency’s income.
- Funding is for services to children, not for equipment or capital improvements
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Children to be served should live in the urban centers of RI.
- The priority is placed by the population of children of color in that location.
- Please reference the RI 2022 Kids Fact Book: Racial & Ethnic Diversity.
- The PSCC serves children through the age of 18
- The PSCC funds agencies that provide Cultural, Educational, and Social opportunities as well as cover basic needs expenses.
- Preference will be given to programs serving more rather than fewer children (e.g. scholarships for one child are not available)
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”