Signature Grant: Community Enrichment
Provident BankSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $100,000
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2020 12:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: May 15, 2020 12:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Ocean County, Passaic County, Somerset County, Union County, Warren County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Lehigh County, Northampton County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in New Jersey: Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Ocean County, Passaic County, Somerset County, Union County, Warren County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Lehigh County, Northampton County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Provident Bank Foundation (PBF) was established in 2003 with the intent of supporting not-for-profit groups, institutions, schools and other 501(c )(3) organizations that provide valuable services to the communities served by Provident Bank. The Provident Bank Foundation is committed to strengthening and sustaining its relationship with communities in the bank's marketplace.
Signature Grant: Overview and Purpose
The Signature Grant emphasizes sustainable community enhancement, meaningful impact, and long-term change. PBF seeks to build relationships with organizations that have the capacity and drive to create this change. PBF funding directly supports efforts to enhance the quality of life in the New Jersey and Pennsylvania communities served by Provident Bank through three Funding Priority Areas: Community Enrichment, Education, and Health, Youth & Families.
Funding Priority Areas and Signature Grant Focus Points
- Programs that address an immediate need or issue;
- Programs that propose a solution to a systemic need or issue;
- Programs designed to complement or catalyze a significant enhancement of access to or impact of existing services.
PBF seeks programs that will make a lasting impact on the communities that Provident Bank serves. Programs that detail reliable methods for measuring change over time will have a competitive advantage, as will programs that feature a regular and sustained presence in the lives of program participants. Programs will be funded for 12 months and must start between August 15 and October 31 following application.
Community Enrichment PBF’s giving focuses on programs that drive economic development, contribute to a more well-rounded community experience, and provide increased access to information and specialized learning opportunities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations seeking funding from The Provident Bank Foundation must be determined as exempt from federal income tax as a 501(c)(3) public charity of the Internal Revenue Code and as an organization described in section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2).
- PBF seeks grantee organizations that show passion for their mission and meet high standards of governance, accountability, and fiscal management.
- Geographic Requirements:
- Applicants must be based in, serve, and/or demonstrate proposed project impact in at least one of the following geographies, including towns contiguous to Bank locations:
- New Jersey: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Union and / or Warren Counties
- Pennsylvania: Lehigh Valley (eastern portion of Lehigh County and southeastern portion of Northampton County) and/or Bucks County
- As with all grants, The Provident Bank Foundation will not fund the following:
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Organizations not classified in Section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2)
- Organizations that use a third-party fiscal sponsor’s Tax ID number/exempt status
- Grants for scholarships to individuals
- Grants to other grant-making organizations
- Sacramental or theological functions of religious organizations
- Political causes, candidates, organizations, or campaigns
- Multi-year funding requests
- In addition, special limitations apply to Signature Grants. PBF will not support:
- Sponsorships or fundraising events
- Endowments or capital campaigns
- Capital expenses or construction project
- Existing deficits or retroactive funding
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Signature Grant: Community Enrichment by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.