Community Enrichment Signature Grant
Grant amount: US $50,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Apr 2, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Ocean County, Passaic County, Somerset County, Union County, Warren County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Lehigh County, Northampton County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in New Jersey: Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Ocean County, Passaic County, Somerset County, Union County, Warren County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Lehigh County, Northampton County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Provident Bank Foundation (PBF) was established in 2003 with the intent of supporting not-for-profit groups, institutions, schools and other 501(c )(3) organizations that provide valuable services to the communities served by Provident Bank. The Provident Bank Foundation is committed to strengthening and sustaining its relationship with communities in the bank's marketplace.
Funding Priority Area: Community Enrichment
PBF is committed to enhancing the quality of life in New Jersey and Pennsylvania communities served by Provident Bank. PBF makes grants in three priority areas: community enrichment, education, and health, youth & families.
Our giving to Community Enrichment focuses on programs that drive economic development, contribute to a more well-rounded community experience, and provide increased access to information and specialized learning opportunities.
Community Enrichment Signature Grant
In 2017, PBF expects to make two (2) $50,000 Community Enrichment Signature Grants. As is the case across PBF’s philanthropic and community engagement activities, the Signature Grant emphasizes sustainable community enhancement, meaningful impact and long-term change. We seek to build relationships with organizations that have the capacity and drive to create this change.
PLEASE NOTE: Focus areas and descriptions are detailed below. LOI must be specific to one of these areas.
1) Community & Economic Development - Employment
The goal of this grant is to provide funding to a non-profit organization whose mission addresses the unemployment issue in the communities served by Provident Bank. This grant is dedicated to addressing the skills gap by providing training and comprehensive supportive services for individuals facing challenges in the labor force.
2) Youth Leadership Development
The goal of this grant is to provide funding to a non-profit organization whose mission is to prepare youth and teens for the challenges of adolescence and adulthood. Youth development is promoted through activities and experiences that help youth develop social, ethical, emotional, physical, and cognitive competencies.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations seeking funding from The Provident Bank Foundation must be determined as exempt from federal income tax as a 501(c)(3) public charity of the Internal Revenue Code and as an organization described in section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2).
- PBF seeks grantee organizations that show passion for their mission and meet high standards of governance, accountability, and fiscal management.
- Geographic Requirements:
- Applicants must be based in, serve, and/or demonstrate proposed project impact in at least one of the following geographies, including towns contiguous to Bank locations:
- New Jersey: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Union and / or Warren Counties
- Pennsylvania: Lehigh Valley (eastern portion of Lehigh County and southeastern portion of Northampton County) and/or Bucks County
- Specifically for a Signature Grant, PBF does not fund:
- Capital Improvements
- General Operating
- As in all grants, The Provident Bank Foundation cannot provide funding for the following:
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and as an organization described in section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2).
- Religious congregations
- Organizations that use a third-party fiscal sponsor’s Tax ID number/exempt status
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Multi-Year Funding Requests
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Enrichment Signature Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.