Provident Bank Foundation: Community Grant
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group Government Entity Hospital / Clinic Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Ocean County, Passaic County, Somerset County, Union County, Warren County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Lehigh County, Northampton County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in New Jersey: Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Ocean County, Passaic County, Somerset County, Union County, Warren County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Lehigh County, Northampton County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Provident Bank Foundation (PBF) was established in 2003 with the intent of supporting not-for-profit groups, institutions, schools and other 501(c )(3) organizations that provide valuable services to the communities served by Provident Bank. The Provident Bank Foundation is committed to strengthening and sustaining its relationship with communities in the bank's marketplace.
Funding Priority Areas
PBF is committed to enhancing the quality of life in New Jersey and Pennsylvania communities served by Provident Bank. PBF makes grants in three priority areas: community enrichment, education, and health, youth & families.
- Our giving to community enrichment focuses on programs that drive economic development, contribute to a more well-rounded community experience, and provide increased access to information and specialized learning opportunities.
- Our efforts in education support innovative programming that expands access to, and improves the quality of, well-rounded educational experiences for people of all ages.
- Our contributions to health, youth, & families aim to ensure people of all ages and means have the ability to improve the quality of their lives, including having a safe place to live and access to quality healthcare.
Requests for a Community Grant range from $1,000 up to and including $5,000. These requests are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year.
The primary purpose of a Community Grant is to increase access to funding and strengthen the capacity of community-based organizations. Organizations seeking a Community Grant must address one of PBF’s funding priority areas and applicants must demonstrate impact in the Bank’s marketplace. We believe that these grants provide important support for needed services to diverse communities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations seeking funding from The Provident Bank Foundation must be determined as exempt from Federal income tax as a 501(c)(3) public charity of the Internal Revenue Code and as an organization described in section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2).
- PBF seeks grantee organizations that show passion for their mission and meet high standards of governance, accountability, and fiscal management.
- Geographic Requirements:
- Applicants must be based in, serve, and/or demonstrate proposed project impact in at least one of the following geographies, including towns contiguous to Bank locations:
- New Jersey: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Union and / or Warren Counties
- Pennsylvania: Lehigh Valley (eastern portion of Lehigh County and southeastern portion of Northampton County) and/or Bucks County
- The Provident Bank Foundation cannot provide funding for the following:
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and as an organization described in section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2).
- Religious congregations
- Organizations that use a third-party fiscal sponsor’s Tax ID number/exempt status
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Multi-Year Funding Requests
- This grant is not to be used for sponsorship requests and/or events.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Provident Bank Foundation: Community Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.