Provident Bank Foundation: Major Grants
Provident BankSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $25,000
Next deadline: Apr 24, 2020 12:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Jun 12, 2020 12:00pm PDT (Full proposal), Jul 24, 2020 12:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry), Sep 11, 2020 12:00pm PDT (Full proposal), Jan 24, 2021 12:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry), Mar 13, 2021 11:00am PST (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Ocean County, Passaic County, Somerset County, Union County, Warren County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Lehigh County, Northampton County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in New Jersey: Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Ocean County, Passaic County, Somerset County, Union County, Warren County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Lehigh County, Northampton County Show allView website Save
About this funder:
The Provident Bank Foundation (PBF) was established in 2003 with the intent of supporting not-for-profit groups, institutions, schools and other 501(c )(3) organizations that provide valuable services to the communities served by Provident Bank. The Provident Bank Foundation is committed to strengthening and sustaining its relationship with communities in the bank's marketplace.
The Major Grant emphasizes support of sustainable community enhancement, meaningful impact, and short-term change. PBF seeks to build relationships with organizations that have the capacity and drive to create this change.
PBF funding directly supports efforts to enhance the quality of life in the New Jersey and Pennsylvania communities served by Provident Bank through three Funding Priority Areas: Community Enrichment, Education, and Health, Youth & Families.
Major Grant Funding Priority Areas
PBF funds applicants who are prepared to address a need aligned to PBF’s Funding Priority Areas. Major Grant applicants must measure their program’s impact in a manner appropriate to one Funding Priority Area.
Community Enrichment Programs that drive economic development, contribute to a more wellrounded community experience, serve those with special needs, and provide increased access to information and culture.
Education Innovative programming that expands access to, and improves the quality of, well-rounded educational experiences through strong academic support and curriculum development.
Health, Youth & Families Programs that ensure people of all ages and means have the ability to live healthier, more fulfilling lives, including access to quality healthcare, nutrition and wellness, and mentorship opportunities
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations seeking a Major Grant from PBF must be certified as a tax exempt public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and classified as “not a private foundation” under Section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2).
- Geographic Requirements: Applicants must be based in, serve, and/or demonstrate proposed project impact in at least one of the following geographies, including towns contiguous to Bank locations:
- New Jersey: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Union and / or Warren Counties
- Pennsylvania: Lehigh Valley (eastern portion of Lehigh County and southeastern portion of Northampton County) and/or Bucks County
- PBF will not fund the following:
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Organizations not classified in Section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2)
- Organizations that use a third-party fiscal sponsor’s Tax ID number/exempt status
- Grants for scholarships to individuals
- Grants to other grant-making organizations
- Sacramental or theological functions of religious organizations
- Political causes, candidates, organizations, or campaigns
- Multi-year funding requests
- Sponsorships or fundraising events
- Requests will not be accepted from organizations with active grants from PBF
- Applicant organizations do not, and shall not, discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Provident Bank Foundation: Major Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.