Provident Bank Foundation: Major Grants
Provident BankSuggest an update
Next deadline: Mar 19, 2021 12:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Jul 23, 2021 12:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry), Sep 17, 2021 12:00pm PDT (Full proposal), Jan 22, 2022 12:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry)
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $25,000
Fields of work: Education Youth Services Family Services Economic Services & Development Civic Affairs Health Care Access & Delivery Community Development & Revitalization Human & Social Services Show all
Applicant type: Indigenous Group, Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Ocean County, Passaic County, Somerset County, Union County, Warren County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Lehigh County, Northampton County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in New Jersey: Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Ocean County, Passaic County, Somerset County, Union County, Warren County, Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Lehigh County, Northampton County Show allView website Save
About this funder:
The Provident Bank Foundation (PBF) was established in 2003 with the intent of supporting not-for-profit groups, institutions, schools and other 501(c )(3) organizations that provide valuable services to the communities served by Provident Bank. The Provident Bank Foundation is committed to strengthening and sustaining its relationship with communities in the bank's marketplace.
The Major Grant will focus on funding programs, projects, or initiatives that address immediate needs, create meaningful impact, and lead to sustainable community enhancement. PBF seeks to build relationships with organizations that have the capacity and drive to create systems change.
PBF funding directly supports efforts to enhance the quality of life in the New Jersey and Pennsylvania communities served by Provident Bank through three Funding Priority Areas: Community Enrichment, Education, and Health, Youth & Families.
Major Grant Funding Priority Areas
PBF funds applicants who are prepared to address a need aligned to PBF’s Funding Priority Areas. Major Grant applicants must measure their program’s impact in a manner appropriate to one Funding Priority Area.
Community Enrichment Programs that drive economic development, contribute to a more well-rounded community experience, serve those with special needs, and provide increased access to information and culture.
Education Innovative programming that expands access to, and improves the quality of, well-rounded educational experiences through strong academic support and curriculum development.
Health, Youth & Families Programs that ensure people of all ages and means have the ability to live healthier, more fulfilling lives, including access to quality healthcare, nutrition and wellness, and mentorship opportunities
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations seeking a Major Grant from PBF must be certified as a tax exempt public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and classified as “not a private foundation” under Section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2).
- Geographic Requirements: Applicants must be based in, serve, and/or demonstrate proposed project impact in at least one of the following geographies, including towns contiguous to Bank locations:
- New Jersey: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Union and / or Warren Counties
- Pennsylvania: Lehigh Valley (eastern portion of Lehigh County and southeastern portion of Northampton County) and/or Bucks County
- PBF will not fund the following:
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Organizations not classified in Section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2)
- Organizations that use a third-party fiscal sponsor’s Tax ID number/exempt status
- Grants for scholarships to individuals
- Grants to other grant-making organizations
- Sacramental or theological functions of religious organizations
- Political causes, candidates, organizations, or campaigns
- Multi-year funding requests
- Sponsorships or fundraising events
- Requests will not be accepted from organizations with active grants from PBF
- Applicant organizations do not, and shall not, discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”