Publix Super Markets Charities Grant Program: Alleviating Hunger Programs
Publix Super Markets Charities Inc
Predicted deadline: Apr 30, 2024
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000,000
Fields of work: Food Access & Hunger
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Alabama, Florida, Georgia (US state), North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia Show all
Location of residency: Alabama, Florida, Georgia (US state), North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia Show all
NOTE: Requests related to hunger relief programs must be submitted from March 1 to April 30 for a September decision and announcement. See the following grant pages for details on other programs
- Youth or Education
- Housing and shelter.
Our key focus areas.
From alleviating hunger and reducing homelessness to supporting youth programs and education initiatives, we are dedicated to making lives better in the communities where we live and work. Our founder, George Jenkins—affectionately known as Mr. George—believed in giving back and donated his time, talent, and money. We are proud to continue his legacy of building hope and nourishing brighter futures through our support of nonprofit organizations. If you represent a nonprofit organization, request our support.
Nourishing hope with food banks.
Providing nourishing meals to our neighbors in need is at the heart of who we are. Our founder, George Jenkins, believed that as a food retailer, we had a responsibility to feed the hungry. “We’re not only in the grocery business; we’re in the people business,” he often said. Since 2015, Publix Super Markets Charities has contributed more than $32.5 million to hunger-related programs. We are proud to continue our commitment to alleviate hunger in our communities year-round by supporting local food banks and other nonprofits across the Southeast.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Please note that to qualify, the organization must operate in and/or serve clients in one or more of the following states:
- Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, or Virginia.
- Publix Super Markets Charities does not provide support for the following:
- For-profit businesses
- Nonprofit businesses outside of our operating areas of Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia
- Booster clubs
- Donations for school clubs and teams will be made payable to your qualified school, not to booster clubs.
- Please be sure that your school is registered, and that you apply on behalf of the school when making these requests.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”