Puffin Foundation West Grant
Puffin Foundation West, Ltd.
Next predicted deadline: Oct 15, 2023 (Pre proposal)
Later predicted deadlines: Dec 4, 2023 (Full proposal)
Grant amount: US $550 - US $2,500
Fields of work: Art for Social Change
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit, Artist
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Georgia (US state), Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Show all
Location of residency: Georgia (US state), Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Show all
Note: These duly-completed Applications [submitted by the 'pre-proposal' deadline above] will be reviewed first and would be related to projects that complement our Mission and that take place in January or February of the following year.
The majority of our Grants are given to NFPs whose Mission is to reach across biases and create dialogues that are peaceably transforming, educating and moving our society in a forward-looking, forward-thinking and enlightened manner. We know that artists and the universal language of ART are able to reach across both physical borders and the boundaries of our imagination. Our Grants help fund or sponsor projects that are compatible with OUR MISSION and that utilize Fine Arts, Dance, Music, Theater, Creative Writing, Poetry and Photography. We also accept applications that host Public Interest Platforms/Forums, Independent Journalists or from those NFPs which engage in community non-partisan discussions. We do not fund Documentaries, but we do consider funding Educational Reels (DVDs) created from a Documentary that must have a teaching guide for educational purposes to be distributed to classrooms.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation enjoys a tax status, which allows us to fund individual artists directly.
- But please be aware that grants made to individuals may be considered as income and again you are encouraged to call the IRS.
- We will only accept applications from Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Virginia.
- Puffin West DOES NOT fund citizens/permanent residents or NFPs for projects that occur outside of the United States.
- We cannot grant to corporations, LLCs, INCs or any other type of for profit group as the IRS looks at that as if we are making an investment in a company and becoming a “partner.”
- The Foundation does not have the resources to offer financial assistance for scholarships or educational funding.
- The Foundation does not fund travel expenses or conference fees.
- This includes room and board.
- While many are undoubtedly worthwhile endeavors, they remain outside of our purview. We do review requests for honorariums.
- We do not support brick and mortar or annual budgetary items, or durables.
- The Foundation typically will not consider grants from NFPs whose annual budget is $1 million or more.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”