Quarter 2: Environment & Community Enhancement Grants
NV Energy FoundationSuggest an update
Next predicted deadline: Apr 30, 2021 (Letter of inquiry)
Later predicted deadlines: May 15, 2021 (Full proposal), Jul 30, 2021 (Letter of inquiry), Aug 15, 2021 (Full proposal), Oct 31, 2021 (Letter of inquiry), Nov 15, 2021 (Full proposal)
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $25,000
Fields of work: Food Security Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Emergency Medical Care & Services Health Care Access & Delivery Children’s Mental Health Affordable Housing Employment Services Environmental Education Natural Resources Habitat & Ecosystem Restoration Sustainability Environmental Conservation Parks & Public Spaces Greening & Beautification Trail Creation & Maintenance Wildlife Management Environmental Stewardship Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Nevada: Carson City, Churchill County, Douglas County, Elko County, Esmeralda County, Eureka County, Humboldt County, Lander County, Lyon County, Mineral County, Nye County, Pershing County, Storey County, Washoe County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Nevada: Carson City, Churchill County, Douglas County, Elko County, Esmeralda County, Eureka County, Humboldt County, Lander County, Lyon County, Mineral County, Nye County, Pershing County, Storey County, Washoe County Show allView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: Organizations may apply online during any quarterly application process, however, organizations may only submit one application per year.
The NV Energy Foundation still maintains its four areas of focus of Arts/Culture, Education/STEM, Environment/Community Enhancement and Safety/Wellness, however, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NV Energy Foundation is prioritizing funding to organizations and programs that are working in COVID-19 response and recovery in the following ways:
- Meeting emergency or immediate needs through financial support
- Solving food insecurity
- Access to COVID-19 related healthcare
- Access to education and social/emotional support for youth
- Access to affordable and safe housing
- Workforce development
NV Energy Foundation
The NV Energy Foundation is committed to connecting with the community through philanthropic efforts, including civic leadership, financial contributions and volunteerism. Doing so makes our communities better places to live and work, which in turn makes them better places to do business. We measure our success through the eyes of our employees, stakeholders, customers, business partners and neighbors.
- Fund significant programs or initiatives that have lasting, positive impacts in the communities we serve
- Fund initiatives with measurable outcomes and a high degree of funding accountability
- Tie funding more closely to NV Energy's business purpose
- Strengthen relationships with 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and the community at large
- Include the potential for employee volunteer involvement
- Include the potential for collaborations with other organizations or businesses
- Provide higher visibility and recognition opportunities for the NV Energy Foundation
Areas of Focus
Through the NV Energy Foundation, we administer grants in support of projects that benefit four major areas:
- Art/Culture (see grant page)
- Education/STEM (see grant page)
- Environment/Community Enhancement
- Safety/Wellness (see grant page)
Environment/ Community Enhancement Grants
We are committed to supporting programs and organizations that address environmental concerns and help keep our communities' resources intact. Environmental programs and organizations that foster sustainability and stewardship, protection and restoration of wildlife and natural resources, enhancement of neighborhoods, and capacity building for nonprofit organizations will all be given consideration.
Project examples: Programs that provide education and create awareness of Nevada's environment, maintaining trails, revitalizing neighborhoods, protecting wildlife and open spaces, and supporting nonprofits to help them fulfill their missions.
Our Foundation does not have an established range of amounts. Many factors, including the specific program or project to be funded and the organization making the request, determine funding amounts. Based on past history, the average grant may range between $5,000 and $25,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Recipients of NV Energy Foundation grants must be 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and be located within our service territory in the state of Nevada. Grants are identified through our areas of focus for philanthropic outreach.
- We do not consider grant requests that support:
- Tickets for contests, raffles or other activities with prizes
- Religious organizations (unless the request specifically supports a program offered to the general public on a non–discriminatory basis and without regard to the recipient’s religious affiliation)
- Film, television or video productions
- Academic chairs or fellowships
- Debt–reduction campaigns
- Political and partisan organizations or events
- Sports leagues and tournaments
- Trips or tours for individuals or groups
- Talent or beauty contests