New Research Workers' Award
Quaternary Research AssociationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £1,000
Next deadline: May 15, 2019
Later deadlines: Sep 15, 2019, Jan 15, 2020
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research, General Operating Expense
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The QRA provides grants to its members with the aim of promoting high quality Quaternary research, training and dissemination of results, as widely as possible.
Within the QRA grants, funds are set aside for early career research workers in Quaternary science. This scheme has been running successfully for over fifteen years and has supported many postgraduate research activities.
These awards are aimed at researchers studying for higher degrees.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Typical awards are to support
- field expeditions
- geological surveys
- coring activities
- visits to laboratories
- purchase of essential field equipment and
- laboratory analyses
- Postgraduates are only eligible to apply once for the NRWA during their studies.
- A letter of support from the applicant's PhD supervisor must accompany the application.
- If funding is sought for
analytical work, please indicate if you are quoting ‘internal’ or commercial
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. To be eligible for the scheme you must have been a QRA member for at least 6 months by the time of application and must not hold a doctoral degree or a tenured academic position.
- Preference will be given to those who have no source of fieldwork funding or whose access to such funds is limited.
- Please note that we are not able to accept applications for radiocarbon dates under this scheme.
- The scheme is not open to undergraduate researchers.
- The QRA will not consider retrospective applications, i.e. to support activities that will already have occurred prior the deadline date.
- Furthermore, in order to encourage well-planned and properly budgeted projects, the QRA will not consider applications for activities that will take place within 2 months of the deadline date.
- No further applications will be considered until 12 months have elapsed from the time of receipt of written reports and/or statements of expenditure.
- Successful applicants who do not provide the written reports requested cannot be considered for future awards until their reports have been received.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the New Research Workers' Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.