Response and Recovery Community Fund Grant
Eau Claire Community FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Jul 28, 2020
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Community Services Health Care Access & Delivery Basic Human Needs Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid
Applicant type: Government Entity, Indigenous Group, Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Eau Claire County, Wisconsin
Location of residency: Eau Claire County, WisconsinView website Save
About this funder:
About the Fund
How do you decide which of the Chippewa Valley's many nonprofits to support as they cope with the COVID-19 crisis? If you’re not sure, the Response and Recovery Community Fund offers a great option.
During Phase 1 of granting, this fund was called the Quick Response Community Fund, and it distributed almost $275,000 to 42 local nonprofits. Now renamed the Response and Recovery Community Fund, it will continue to support nonprofits as they address pandemic-related needs.
The grant cycle is hosted by ECCF and supported by United Way of the Greater Chippewa Valley and the Community Foundation of Chippewa County. Together, they will review grant applications and recommend funding awards, which will be announced in early August.
The collective impact of Phase 1 and Phase 2 is approaching $1 million.
Emergency Grant Cycle in Response to the COVID-19 Crisis:
Phase 1 of this grant cycle has ended with $274,491 distributed to 42 nonprofits!
What will phase 2 grants support?
Grants will support COVID-19 recovery efforts in the Chippewa Valley. Focus areas are:
- Food security
- Physical and mental health
- Education and training
- Housing and utilities
- Financial stability for nonprofits and community members
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who is eligible to apply?
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- Groups fiscally sponsored by 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- Other charitable organizations able to receive tax-deductible contributions
- Any nonprofits that meet these criteria and serve Eau Claire and/or Chippewa County are eligible to apply.
- While the Fund can’t provide grants to individuals, it will be funding community-based nonprofits that have strong experience in providing support to people in need.